What Mv handle bar riser for fjr1300ES?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prestone

Reaction score
Have any of you guys bought and installed the mv riser plate for your ES? Looks like a different part number than the non es on the website. Also want to know if there was any issues mounting it?

If your bike is a A,here is the right part number:https://www.mv-motorrad.de/en/Yamaha+FJR+1300+2006+up+to+2015+MV+Handlebar+Adapter+Plate.htm

If you have a ES,here you are: https://www.mv-motorrad.de/en/MV+Handlebar+Adapter+Plate+Yamaha+FJR+1300+2013+Variant+AE+and+ES+with+Electric+suspension.htm

The differences between the two part numbers are only in the holes for the bolts.

Also have a look at this 19 pages thread,especially in the last pages..

The installation from what i hear is really easy.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/146408-my-impressions-of-the-mv-motorrad-bar-riser/

Last edited by a moderator:
I just installed the ES version on my 2013 non ES FJR. I wanted to have a part that would fit an ES should I upgrade to an ES in the future, so I asked MV whether an ES would fit a non ES bike. They replied saying the ES would fit all FJR models, and it fit perfectly. I could see MV selling only the ES version once their non ES stock runs out, but that's just my speculation.

The install was easy, in part due to the excellent main thread here on this forum. Great bit of kit, easy install and works as advertised. Still can't believe it was delivered from Germany to my door in Canada in 3 days. Cheers.

thanks for the quick response and you guys answered the question perfectly. I have a 2013A with a MV riser plate that I installed and that one will be going with the bike to the new owner. I have an order for a 16 ES in at my dealer and i did a quick search and i did not find any ES owners with the riser plate. I also ordered the riser plate for my 13 strait from Germany. They had it on amazon for 300 shipped, but with the euro being so down it just made more sense to order direct. Mine came to me in three days as well. I have ordered parts from with in my state and they have not arrived in three days before. thanks again!

I have installed the MV on my 15' ES and it really was easy... Not a problem at all and I am very happy with it.

MV Motorrad on my 2015ES also, Prestone, and love it. Best money I spent on the bike other than buying it.

One suggestion: when you get ready to bolt it onto the bike, place the nuts into their shaped holes, THEN TAPE THEM IN THERE. When you stick the bolt in the hole (from the top side) it should engage easily with the nut and begin to tighten without using a wrench on the underside.

You will wrestle the hoses and the little "standoff block" but it's not hard.

Photos of your '16 when you get it ... with your big grin!

Last edited by a moderator:
When I bought my last riser plate from mv those bolts were taped in so I pulled the tape off becuase I did not know why they were taped there. Won't be making that mistake again

Agreed.... MV was a fantastic upgrade to my 15 ES.....

Far better then just the plain risers on the old 05....