What Not to do During a Company Meeting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerT

Mr. Impatient
Reaction score
So as we do every Wednesday here at work we had a production meeting this morning, which gets very long, very drawn out, and very boring. So I decided to make a list of the farkles I still want to add to the FJR. This is after spending Lord only knows how much money over the last two years on adding or changing the bike.

So far I have a list of 21 things I want to get, and I estimate the cost of getting them at around 6-7K.

I guess I should get back to work instead of surfing the forum, so I can try and make some money to pay for all the stuff. :glare:

So far I have a list of 21 things I want to get, and I estimate the cost of getting them at around 6-7K.
Try integrating that with the list of stuff that the wife wants around the home, and what "needs" to be done to keep the place standing up around us, and the Lotto is looking like the only path to enchantment. Until then it's all a depressing compromise....

ride more...

...farkle less.

Less depressing if you own an FJR.

Oh, I'm sorry...were you looking for sympathy. :p YOU OWN AN FJR. :clapping: :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
ride more...
...farkle less.

Less depressing if you own an FJR.

Oh, I'm sorry...were you looking for sympathy. :p YOU OWN AN FJR. :clapping: :yahoo:
Yeah, I spent a lot of money on farkles and I like every one of them, but I reached a point where the additional items will cost more than what I think they will return in fun. Besides, at some point I'll have to replace the bike, and many of my farkles won't fit on a Gen 2 so they probably won't fit on a Gen 3 or 4.

I might get to $1000, but the seat alone is over half that. A Givi top case, GPS mount, fuse block, BMW grips and a Vista Cruise round out the list. Someday I'll do the Audiovox cruise.

My Zumo, which arrives tonight, will be my last farkle, I promise...well, except for the Heli bar triple clamp which arrives tomorrow, and then that's it...no more...absolutely done. I promise...

**** you. I made the mistake of taking Fairlaner's new ride for a spin last weekend. Someone shoot me now and end my misery!

heli clamp risers seem to be like "cocaine" as of late. one you get on one you're hooked, it's a farkle that you must have after you try it.......

Last edited by a moderator:
**** you. I made the mistake of taking Fairlaner's new ride for a spin last weekend. Someone shoot me now and end my misery!
With pleasure.

Do yo prefer .40, or .45 lead?

Why is the 08 so much better in your not so humble opinion? I mean, I have ridden one and loved it, but didn't think it so much better than my highly farkled 04 that I wanted to run out and get one.

I've also ridden a Gen 2. It was an '07 but I am assuming that it is really close to the '08 gen 2. It definitely was a nice ride... but what was so wonderful that you'd like to be shot TWN?

With pleasure.
Do yo prefer .40, or .45 lead?

Why is the 08 so much better in your not so humble opinion? I mean, I have ridden one and loved it, but didn't think it so much better than my highly farkled 04 that I wanted to run out and get one.
Neither. Death by Jolie, please. Then, stand me up in a corner for all to admire. Leave the smirk. :p

It ain't so much that it's better, more that it's simply new and shiny and it has been over a year since I bought a new bike, after all. In other words, my goofy, endo-loving friend, I need a new drug. ;)

Damn! And here I was looking for advice on what not to do during these things..... :blink: I shot off pretty good today. Told the company owners what an ass they have for a GM.

Just got a call informing me I have to be 700 plus miles south of here to do a minor repair ( believe it or not a ten minute fix, told ya he is an idiot!), by tomorrow at this time. Anybody know where Counce Tennessee is?

Good part.. I'm riding down on the bike. Bad part.. I have know idea where I'm going :( Wasn't Deliverance filmed in Southern Tennessee?

Oh, one night lodging in central tn. would be nice too.

:jester:

Damn! And here I was looking for advice on what not to do during these things..... :blink: I shot off pretty good today. Told the company owners what an ass they have for a GM.
Just got a call informing me I have to be 700 plus miles south of here to do a minor repair ( believe it or not a ten minute fix, told ya he is an idiot!), by tomorrow at this time. Anybody know where Counce Tennessee is?

Good part.. I'm riding down on the bike. Bad part.. I have know idea where I'm going :( Wasn't Deliverance filmed in Southern Tennessee?

Oh, one night lodging in central tn. would be nice too.

Border between Georgia and South Carolina I believe...up in the hills. :guitar:

Ha! Found it. Right on the border Of TN. GA. and Mississiisiisiisippi! Oh fukin yippy! I think I'll turn in my resignation :angry: