what pads are you using

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy Yamaha pads, wheel bearings, hard engine parts and cables (where applicable). Most everything else is up for grabs from other sources.

IMO the FJR brakes work so well in the OEM config that I can't see any reason to mess around with something that works so well.

Just my $.02

Stay Free Maxi's.

Oh, wait, you mean brake pads...

I ran the Carbone Lorraines from the last GB. Love the bite, but they wear for shit. 8k max on rears and maybe 12-14k on the fronts. I've gone back to the stock pads for the rear and will do the same on the front when this last set of CL's I just put in go tits up.

Last edited by a moderator:
What did the fart say to the maxi-pad ? "You are the wind beneath my wings"

Good mileage & stopping from original brake pads so I'll most likely buy another set . . . .

Been happy with the stock Yammie pads. During my winter maintenance I noticed the fronts were down to about 25% so I replaced them with a new set of Yammie pads I had on the shelf. I want to make sure I have good brakes for that trip up and down Pike's Peak in July. :yahoo: The rears still have about 50% life in them so I didn't replace them. I plan on getting a set of the Galfers from the group buy for the front for next time but I probably won't need to put them on the bike for a couple years.

Good mileage & stopping from original brake pads so I'll most likely buy another set . . . .
Just looked at the list price from Yamaha, at $65 a piece I'll probably go EBC . . . .
They were considerably less than that from UMotors. Also, take a look at the Galfers group buy.

Do you guys think the Galfer HH pads are significantly harder on the OEM rotors than Yamaha pads or is it not worth worrying about?

Been happy with the stock Yammie pads. During my winter maintenance I noticed the fronts were down to about 25%
How many miles do you have on those pads? Mine are way less than 50% worn @ 30K miles. How long do these things last?

I have 21 k and are about half done on the front ,Thers has to be a lot more on the rear because i use the front 70 percent of the time

I've got 40.000 miles on my orginal pads. They are close to needing replacement though. I'll probably go back with OEM if I can find a decent price.

GP

That doesn't make any sense! Farts don't have wings.

Shouldn't it read "What did the maxi-pad say to the fart?"

My replaced brakes around 20K miles are due for replacement soon at 32K. Hmmm Maybe I shouldn't go so fast into the corners. I find the stockers too soft and wear rapidly. I opted for my next set of Galfer HH pads. On my Duc they did great!

Check out on the site for the Galfer Group Buy deals, it's an excellent deal!!!!

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...100078&st=0

EBC HH on my '05 FJR - they pull it right down and fast.
Ditto

If you ride aggressively, the stock pads are ... ahem ... a wee bit exciting ...

Entering corners at speeds of 80-100 mph scared the $hit out of me ... :blink:

- switched to EBC HH, now all my underwear is clean .... ;)

Next improvement will be Galfer Lines from the GB .... reputedly a significant improvement over stock, for cheap !

And back to the point, any HH pads will probably be gobs better than the stockers (again, when ridden hard).

... I've been using EBC HH on all my bikes since 1996 ... just switched to Ferodos on the 675 ... slightly better according to the "butt dyno" ...

(I'll be getting a set of Galfer HH for comparison too)