What Pazzo Levers for the FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What color adjuster on the Pazzo levers would you buy?

• Black

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Titanium

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold

• Other

• Stock is just fine

• Total voters
Reaction score
OK, farkles in general are a high priority this winter (cuz my wife is allowing me to spend money :blink: ).

Among my choices are the Pazzo racing levers, which are high on my list. Just looking for some ass..... er, opinions on which you would buy. I understand year and color of bike will influence peep's choice, but thought a winter poll for fun might while away some time. If you already have bought some, are you happy, or would you change them if you could?

P.S. Never did a poll, and put this in this section of the forum, but if admins need to move it......sorry in advance.

I did get the long clutch/short brake levers, they are great. Much more adjustment than the stock levers, so they are not just a pretty face.

Bill

I have the silver (clear anodized) long levers with blue adjusters on my Galaxy Blue '05 FJR. Have the silver (clear anodized) long levers with black adjusters on my black '03 XX. Having had Pazzo levers on my XX since March or April '06, I jumped on them for the FJR as soon as they were available. Their ergonomics turned what I thought might be a buyer's remorse ($$$) farkle purchase on the XX into a must have on both bikes. I don't see the need for shortys, and after getting the long ones on the XX, that was confirmed. Very sharp looking in clear anodized, BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered black/black, long/long from BikeEffects as soon as he had them available. He even got them here before I left for WFO-6 in Park City. They work and look cool on my '05.

Nice 'cool factor', but I don't see the need for them myself. The stockers work just fine for me.

I went with the long Brake & Clutch on mine. As for color, I went with the Navy(Repsol) color with titanium adjusters. I think the color is an almost spot-on match for the 06. I posted some pics in another thread of them, but when I get home, I'll post em up.

Titanium Longs for me on the FJR.

Black Longs on the Blackbird and R1.

It I had it to do over again, both would be Black Shorties.

Here's some pics of mine. Long Brake/Clutch Navy(repsol) color with Titanium adjusters. Let me also reiterate some feelings that others have had for the level of service from Jeff @ Bike Effects. You will find no one better! Super fast shipping, and overall one of the BEST online transactions I have ever had. He will most definetly get my business over and over again!

BikePics011.jpg

BikePics009.jpg

BikePics003.jpg

BikePics002.jpg

Titanium Longs for me on the FJR.
Black Longs on the Blackbird and R1.

It I had it to do over again, both would be Black Shorties.
Why would you switch to the black shorties Dale?

There seems to be a pattern developing with black, titanium and (almost) color matched blue levers being picked pretty evenly. I assume that is just what floats people's boats, but the length (to me) should have some logical choice behind it........wish I could try 'em first.......... I'm still unsure. Keep the comments coming.

I preferred my shorty CRG's I had on my SV since I rode it more aggressivly, or so I thought, than my FJR. And to me, the SV was more of a sportbike, so no real functional reason behind them. As for the FJR, I decided to stay with the long levers since I didn't think the shorties would look right and also because I had gotten used to the normal length I thought it would make sense to just stick with them. My 2 cents tho, but try to find someone close to you and see if you like the feel of them. That's how I decided on my CRG's. Hope that helps you in some way :)

I preferred my shorty CRG's I had on my SV since I rode it more aggressivly, or so I thought, than my FJR. And to me, the SV was more of a sportbike, so no real functional reason behind them. As for the FJR, I decided to stay with the long levers since I didn't think the shorties would look right and also because I had gotten used to the normal length I thought it would make sense to just stick with them. My 2 cents tho, but try to find someone close to you and see if you like the feel of them. That's how I decided on my CRG's. Hope that helps you in some way :)

Seems from the poll most people agree with you, but I'm intrigued with the idea of not getting my fingers trapped between the clutch lever and the grip. And I almost never use more than two fingers on the brake lever -- unless a full-on hard stop, and I'm not sure that is a good time to have less lever/leverage.

FQJOP-DSCF0837.JPG

Silver Storm RP11 featuring very yummy Pazzo Levers (long on both sides) in titanium gray, black adjusters and the usual outstanding service from Bike Effects :clapping:

Stef

Oh man, I think the pictures are just confusing me :unsure: because I think they all look great. It's the length -- I'm not sure the shorties would look right, but it is a SPORT-tourer, and I haven't heard anybody say they wish they had gotten longs instead of the short levers. Anybody? :unsure:

Don't know a bike around here with Pazzo levers on it to check out. Maybe I'll talk with a guy I know at the stealership that could point me someplace to put my hands on some.

I went with the longs because I have large hands (2X gloves) and I can never squeeze a brake handle without pinching my fingers. For that reason I cover the brake with all four fingers by only use 2 to actually pull. Using this method, IF I need more grip I have all of my fingers on the handle. This might not be the optimum for track riding, but it works pretty well for me.

As it turns out because of the Pazzo design, when the handles are squeezed, there is not sufficient room for anything because the handle end is parallel to the grip. In fact, my clutch lever almost touches (1/32'-1/16" clearance) the grip.

I will try and take a picture today...of the levers in the "compressed" position.

Assuming the short version is about as long as where the "breakaway notch" is on the long version, I would need my hands about 1/2" from the hilt of the grip for my two outer (unused) fingers to not be pinched by the lever. I'm sure its a habit/practice that would be assimilated into your bag of riding techniques....I'd probably pinch my fingers 3 or 4 times...just when I needed all of the braking I could get.

FYI: The FJR uses FZ-1 levers, so if you saw Pazzos on the FZ you might try them also, though the gnales, grips, etc. may not be exact.