What should I do with the rear handles / luggage tail?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErikW

Reaction score
Perhaps I am wrong to post this.

I have added a Guvi trunk and mount to my bike (08 black FJR) and now have the original rear seat handles - luggage tail sitting around collecting dust. I am guessing no one wants these as everyone has done what I did but what should I do with it. I do not intend to keep it but would like to see it go to a good use. It is not in perfect shape but it is not bad either. Any recommendations? Perhaps this has already been asked but I am not sure what to search for; what do you call it? I can get an image if needed.

Maybe someone can edit the title to a better name.

Thanks.

Perhaps I am wrong to post this.

I have added a Guvi trunk and mount to my bike (08 black FJR) and now have the original rear seat handles - luggage tail sitting around collecting dust. I am guessing no one wants these as everyone has done what I did but what should I do with it. I do not intend to keep it but would like to see it go to a good use. It is not in perfect shape but it is not bad either. Any recommendations? Perhaps this has already been asked but I am not sure what to search for; what do you call it? I can get an image if needed.

Maybe someone can edit the title to a better name.

Thanks.

Hello. I might want the luggage/ grab handle for the right price. Do you have a picture and what color is it? Please send pic to [email protected]

This ^^^ is the right idea.

Farkles aren't worth much on a bike, so if you ever sell it, return to stock [and reuse the goodies] or sell them and recoup some $$$.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
This ^^^ is the right idea.

Farkles aren't worth much on a bike, so if you ever sell it, return to stock [and reuse the goodies] or sell them and recoup some $$$.
+1 - if it's not taking up too much room, then stash it and save for the next owner. You wouldn't get much for it used and if you needed it again finding a used black one in a timely manner might be difficult.

Of course, in my case, mine ain't retiring until the 200k mark, then I'll buy another '08/9 and use my current '09 for parts!

Wow I got some replies. I sent it to someone that asked. I did not charge. I tried keeping OEM parts on the past it but there was no benefit. It is true, you don't get anything for your modes when selling but I plan to leave them on. I also don't plan to sell the bike for along time either. I like the idea that the part is being put to good use. Even if it is not I am ignorant of the fact.

Thanks for the suggestions.