What the Farkle is everybody saying?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
Here I sit with a broken left arm, staring at a picture of my just-purchased 2005 FJR, reading all the threads and assembling masses of data on all the Farkles I need to purchase. Yet, I cannot find anywhere in the good ole USofA to sell me the things I NEED!

Arrrrghhh!

R&G Sliders (I assume these are bar sliders?)

Frame sliders

Audio goodies

Radar detector

Backrest pad for my Yami rear box

New left arm...

The list goes on and on, and Ebay is no help!!!

:(

Here I sit with a broken left arm, staring at a picture of my just-purchased 2005 FJR, reading all the threads and assembling masses of data on all the Farkles I need to purchase. Yet, I cannot find anywhere in the good ole USofA to sell me the things I NEED!Arrrrghhh!

R&G Sliders (I assume these are bar sliders?)

Frame sliders

Audio goodies

Radar detector

Backrest pad for my Yami rear box

New left arm...

The list goes on and on, and Ebay is no help!!!

:(
R&G sliders... www.atlantacycle.com

Audio goodies... www.cyclegadgets.com

Radar detector.... V1 radar

Back rest... Gary@ university motors

New left arm... Good Luck :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Thank You, Thank YOU, THANK YOU!

I just clicked my way around to a place called fjrgoodies.com that also looks promising. Ahhhh, no more dining out as I wait anxiously for the UPS man!

:D

I just clicked my way around to a place called fjrgoodies.com that also looks promising.
They're highly respected among forum members and deserve our business as they have treated us very well. In other words; :thumbup:

Here I sit with a broken left arm
Sissy.

:p :D

Welcome to the group!
Hey, at least I did set the arm myself at the race track by placing my elbow on a fence post and forcing it back. Don't remember much after that. The one hour drive home was lovely, and I refused to cut off my favorite riding shirt. I passed out when I pulled it over my head.

The next day I went to the doctor and said "Hey Doc, I might have broken my arm right here where this huge black circle is at. Whatcha think???". Doc said "What are you taking?". "A long time to do anything!" I replied!

:D

OWWW!

That hurt just reading it!

Wishing you a speedy, farkle filled, recovery.

bob

Hey, at least I did set the arm myself at the race track by placing my elbow on a fence post and forcing it back.
Just checked your profile. It's refreshing to see that at 95 you're gonna get an FJR, but you might want to lay off the trackdays. BTW, you don't look a day over 35 ;)

By now, you will have figured out that R&G and Moto are both "frame" sliders.

The backrest should wait until you actually ride the bike. Many pillions find that the backrest pushes them too far forward. This is most prevalent W/ Givi the topcase, but you really should take a short ride to make sure you actually need one.

A new (or reconditioned) left arm takes time. Patience, Grasshopper.

And, you type pretty good for a one-armed man. :D

Thanks everyone for the kind words and the excellent info/advice. I'll get my friend to check the stock rear shock to see if there is anything he can service. If so, I'll pass the info along.

Just FYI, he is Don Courtney at SiTec Racing. He does reworks front forks and rear shock on most MX bikes for $350. What's so cool is that his work is better than Factory (dis)Connection, RaceTech and many other national names, yet you can afford what he does.

Oh yeah, I am 45 years old. I was very uncomfortable with putting my entire birthdate in the database. I feel it's a little too much info for a public forum to have stored. Just my suggestion, but I would be okay with age, or month/date, but not the whole thing.

:unsure: