What to expect from PC III

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texasevo

Reaction score
I have this PC III that came with my bike. It is still in the box. I think I understand the concept of this thing but i love the way the bike runs now. What is the PC III going to do. If i got better MPG that would be great. It is already faster than i need it to be. I sure dont need anymore tickets. Can someone put this in laymans terms please.

Thanks,

Mark

Some install to smooth the bikes throttle, others install to customize the fuel map to match aftermarket add-ons such as exhaust.

Bottom line, If your happy now... Leave it alone (probably the reason it is still in the box). It will not improve your mileage and from what I've read you should expect to see a mileage drop.

Sell it off

The PC III did help smooth out some vibration I was getting on my 06AE.

It did drop the gas mileage slightly using one of the modified UselessPickles maps.

I run a K&N air filter with stock exhaust and the bike would stumble slighty off idle with the bike completely stock due to being too lean off idle.

Since you already have the unit and it is easy to install, I would go ahead and install the unit and do some experimenting. It will be the only way to really tell. If you don't like the results it is easy enough to return everything back to stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2008 that I added the PCIII to smooth things out. It definitely works :clapping: . But one thing I noticed with the PCIII is a flat spot at about 3000 RPM that is annoying :( . I'd like to fix that. I put the PCIII with the stock mapping on with the bike all stock. I will need to find a better map or jigger with the map I have myself.

Scott

I added mine to stop the dangerous stalling issues with the 08's which is not present on the 06's that i know of. You will drop in gas milleage about 2 to 3 MPG running the stock map. It will smooth things out and get you a little faster above 5K. The bike hasn't stalled since I installed it other than a couple of times due to operator error.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: