What would you pay for a low mileage 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I woulda guessed around 7.5k after all was said and done. This is based of a 2009 I found with 17k miles at 10.5 at a dealer.

BTW, dangerous game to play.........see if you got a good deal AFTER the deal....

Personally, though low mileage is generally a good thing and might make one bike more attractive than a similar bike with "average" miles, I wouldn't pay more for the one. The overall condition and record of regular maintenance are much more important.

My general formula is to multiply the bike's model year by $1000-$1100. (Of course, the Gen 1s are worth more. Use a multiplier of $1200-$1500)

Farkles can add a bit to the price, but a fraction of their 'new' cost. And geography can play a part in pricing.

Your 2008 might have been reasonably priced at $8k-$8.8k.

Just a starting point.

All depends on the mods. I'd rather by the bike with 3-4k worth of extras on it. For a bone stock 08 with 2400 miles assuming regular maintance/brakes flushes/oil changes etc and flawless condition I'd expect to pay around 6800-7200

I told a friend about your bike also...no joy. Glad you got it!

I would price a super low mile bike lower than one w/ FARKLES...due to it being IGNORED vs loved.

if this helps you out..I traded my 2008 FJR with 88,000 miles on it, remaining YES warranty till Oct 2013...got $7500.00 on Jan 12, 2013. I traded against the 2013 FJR.

I strongly believe I got a better deal (yay Forum people) on my '08, but exactly what is said here. If you like the bike and enjoy riding it and thought the price was fair for the enjoyment you get out of it...you got a good deal. That's all there is to it.

So go out and enjoy your new toy.

HOLY SHIT I GOT RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!!
laugh.png