What Year Did Grip Warmers Become Standard?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT Pedersen

Reaction score
Greetings,

I've tried to piece this together, reading various posts, but a clear answer's eluded me.

I know grip warmers are standard on 11s. Is this the first year they're standard, or did they start being standard earlier (08/09/10)?

?

JT...

If memory serves, they became standard on 2006 AE models...optional on A models.

2011 first year that heated grips are standard on A models, since there is no AE.

Last edited by a moderator:
They've been standard on the AE version and optional on the A since 2006. 2011 is indeed the first year for standard on the A.

Damn. Too slow!

But I'm not relying on memory, I looked at the comparison matrix. (Um, which shows them as optional on the 2011. Oops.)

The '11 model year is the first to have heated grips standard on the FJR1300A. All FJR1300AE models have had heated grips standard. All Gen II FJRs have the heated grip wiring harness built in so that adding heated grips as an option or retrofit is plug 'n play.

Model year comparisons >>LINK<< Ignacio needs to update the 2011 to show heated grips standard for US FJRs.

Edit: Me type too slow too.

Explained during yet another edit. I actually looked it up. :p

EDIT again: Wow, lots of us in here typing at the same time!!!!!

Interesting! I bought a 2009 1300A that came with heated grips as standard, but that is in the UK - YMMV...
While you are rubbing it in, you may as well go ahead and mention that you had color choices too. Man, it's just more salt in the wound... ;) :lol:

Interesting! I bought a 2009 1300A that came with heated grips as standard, but that is in the UK - YMMV...
While you are rubbing it in, you may as well go ahead and mention that you had color choices too. Man, it's just more salt in the wound... ;) :lol:
Now that you come to mention it................... :rolleyes: ;)
While you're rubbing it in, why don't you show us pictures of those really nice saddlebag liners you got??? :p :p

Interesting! I bought a 2009 1300A that came with heated grips as standard, but that is in the UK - YMMV

Don
Actually 2007 was the first year the European bikes got heated grips as standard on the A model ;)

Andy
Sounds like the Euro and Aussie FJR riders need their own matrix. :D
To quote the final paragraph of the Comparison Matrix on page 7:

North America/ WorldThis document is focused on North American FJRs (especially U.S. model) as that's what the author knows best. Some

information about FJRs in other countries is provided as learned, but it may not be authoritative. Those outside the U.S. are encouraged to contact the author if information should be added or edited.

Interesting! I bought a 2009 1300A that came with heated grips as standard, but that is in the UK - YMMV

Don
Actually 2007 was the first year the European bikes got heated grips as standard on the A model ;)

Andy
Sounds like the Euro and Aussie FJR riders need their own matrix. :D
To quote the final paragraph of the Comparison Matrix on page 7:

North America/ WorldThis document is focused on North American FJRs (especially U.S. model) as that's what the author knows best. Some

information about FJRs in other countries is provided as learned, but it may not be authoritative. Those outside the U.S. are encouraged to contact the author if information should be added or edited.
...and??

...and??
Just trying to point out that Iggy's Comparison Matrix wasn't trying to be the be-all and end-all of ALL FJR information.