What's everyone's preference for slip on's?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an option other than slip-ons-I didn't want a system as loud as full headers, yet more satisfying than stock-so I installed inserts from Wild Hair Accessories for a couple hundred smackers and they are the cat's meow. A nice rumble, but not overwhelming. They involve drilling out the stock baffles, but Irfan from Wild Hair is great in giving direction and the drills are included with the inserts. I run the stock pipes with the inserts with headers from Holeshot.

Hmmmm, this may definately be an option, love the price. Unlike the big ugly muffler on my FZ1 that had to go, the mufflers on the FJR look good. Anyone else do this mod?

There is an option other than slip-ons-I didn't want a system as loud as full headers, yet more satisfying than stock-so I installed inserts from Wild Hair Accessories for a couple hundred smackers and they are the cat's meow. A nice rumble, but not overwhelming. They involve drilling out the stock baffles, but Irfan from Wild Hair is great in giving direction and the drills are included with the inserts. I run the stock pipes with the inserts with headers from Holeshot.

I'm also thinking about slip-ons. Either Holeshot or Leo Vince.

For those with either: how is the drone, if any, at approx 3500-4000 rpm? (That's my usual cruising rpm range).

I do like the sound of the Holeshots via the sound clip. But I'm not going to necessarily go by that. And I do like the ability to "tune" the Leo's sound. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also thinking about slip-ons. Either Holeshot or Leo Vince.
For those with either: how is the drone, if any, at approx 3500-4000 rpm? (That's my usual cruising rpm range).

I do like the sound of the Holeshots via the sound clip. But I'm not going to necessarily go by that. And I do like the ability to "tune" the Leo's sound. Decisions, decisions.
Zero "drone" on the Leo's at speed. I suspect each owner of Leo's will report the same.

Total Staintune fan. Had them on my BMW R1100RT, and now on my 04 FJR. Sound great, look great, run great, :yahoo:

I just took my new (Formerly Diesels) Gen II FJR for a spin, love the bike but it sounds like a sewing machine. I'm not concerned about more performance but would like to improve the sound. What offerings are out there for slip on's? Also, does the Cat converter hamper performance? I could sure smell it when I put her back in my shop.........
anybody have pictures of a muzzy 4-1 system? How is the sound? I like quiet but would like to dump the cats and stock muff weight

Ya.... Anyone got any pics of the blueflames carbon tri shaped or Muzzy full? I like the Hexacones BUT am not impressed with the availibility... Blueflames are also very nice!

WW