What's in your hard bags !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does everyone usually carry in their FJR hard bags on a routine basis ?
My bags are off most of the time, but I think there is a map and a hairbrush.

For a longer ride, I will carry a bottle of water, a decent map, warmer/cooler gear, first aid kit. DH carries the tools. I carry a cell phone instead. He carries basic tools, a tire plug kit and compressor, Plexus and two rags (visor/mirror/windshield and dirty bits).

Jill

Tinted faceshield, rain gear, a thin pair of goretex hunting gloves that fit under my regular riding gloves, some junk I paid way to much for to clean the faceshield, and a fleece pullover. The right side bag is for the SO, who knows whats in there :ph34r: So lots of bad weather gear, when riding in the northeast be prepared!

Always:

* Clear face shield. I normally wear the tinted.

* Frogg Toggs - Adult Large, Adult Small.

* Windex wipes, priceless!

* First Aid kit

Most of the time:

* Spare windbreaker jacket, Adult Large

* Spare waterproof gloves

* Dry pair of socks

* Cell phone charger cord

* Passenger helmet with Chatterbox and MP3 (for pole dancer rides)

Workdays:

* Laptop

* Dress shoes

Wish I had room for:

* Spare pole dancer

* Spare rear tire

What's in my hard bags!?!?! That's an awfully personal question, don't you think?

Tire Kit (6"x4"x2") w/compressor, Gauge, valve guts & caps, reamer and sticky worm inserter, led light

Plexus

Towel

Jacket liner (winter)

Glove liner (winter)

Last edited by a moderator:
Spare gloves and an Aerostich tire kit all the time. JR mesh pants when its cold out.

What does everyone usually carry in their FJR hard bags on a routine basis ?
On day rides I always carry paper towels and then put my heated jacket liner in when the day warms up. Thats it, everything else is carried elsewhere.

EDITED!Always:

* First Aid kit

Wish I had room for:

* Spare pole dancer
No wonder your 4' 12" pole dancer fit into the bag! :hyper:

I normally carry rain gear in the inner side of the bag, warm gear (sweatshirt, neck warmer, winter gloves) in the middle, followed by a shaving kit. Try to 'wrap' the loose stuff with bigger items e.g. winter gloves 'wrapped' by a sweatshirt. That way it doesn't fall out when you open the bag. That's one bag. The other contains a bike cover - with room left over for soo-veeen-eers bought on the road..

..and Jeff's first aid kit is a wake up call for me. I need and will - carry one from mananna forward. Just in case.

oh, the tank bag carries the 12vdc air compressor, water, snacks, some with sugar - to prevent low sugar blood levels, a digital tire pressure gauge, extra cd's for the cd player, mag light mini, extra batteries, extra set of Er6 ear buds jic the others get clogged or go bad..

...and no, I'm NOT telling you where I pack or where the stash is! :unsure:

since my riding gear doubles as my rain gear, i don't have a rain suit taking up space. instead i have a tire plug kit, a dc-powered air pump, some spare fuses, a tire gauge, 1st aid kit, some electrical tape, and some duct tape all the time. sometimes i'll add a change of gloves, some eye drops, some carmex lip balm, some advil. sometimes i'll have a zip locked baggie with left over pizza from the night before sealed in it (coming back from my first BBG when lunch was summer-warmed pizza in the parking lot outside of the visitors center at Meteor Crater).

Left Bag is my 'Utility Bag'

It's where gloves are (two pairs),

Some tools,

Gadgets not on the bike, radar detector,

Straps,

lense cleaning stuff,

wiring things for Gerbings, etc.

hat, and other head covering things.

Right side bag is generally:

First aid kit,

Frog Togs,

heated liner,

other misc clotes as needed.

Around town, in the right sidecase I store my tank bag which contains a tire plug kit, mini compressor, rain gear, and electrical conections for IPod and phone chargers, radar detector, etc. I keep the left case empty for helmet storage. On trips, the tank bag goes on the tank and both sidecases are usually full of clothing.

Commuting:

L. Pannier has the bike cover

R. Pannier has my lunchbox (Soft lunch tote that doubles as a carryall/knapsack)

Day trips:

L. side carrys a beach towel to use as a shock blanket, Johnson & Johnson first aid kit, a can of fix-a-flat, and...

R. side carrys a leather waist pouch (with extra reading glasses, aspirin-excedrin-tylenol-ibuprofin, carkeys/housekeys and my cell phone), extra gloves, jacket liner & balaclava, and any other hot-or-cold weather items like my cool vest in the summer.

My air compressor is under the seat where the OEM tool kit was, the tire plug kits are also under the pillion seat

I can tell you that in the right hand bag which is lying on the road some where has a new set of rain gear in it .

And the new bag has nothing yet. weekend rder :(

No hard bags for daily riding and commuting. I do leave the Givi trunk on and it carries bungies, a couple clean rags, Pledge, my laptop for commuting or water bottles for riding. Tools and tire patch fit under the seat and my every day riding gear is waterproof.