What's in your hard bags !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One side - compressor and tire repair kit. Turtle neck and wired gloves and liner. My clothes for the trip.

Other bag, one thing not mentioned I don't think, a spare pair of clutch and brake levers. Have not had to use them yet, but have loaned a few times to other less fortunates. Wifey gets the rest of this bag on trips if two up.

I'm a tank bag freak, so spare glasses, wear plugs, visor cleaner and microfiber, maps, energy bars, MP3, and cable helmet lock all go there. C Cook

Since the left bag is a little harder to get to when parked, the rain suit, rain gloves, small towels and some tools are always stored there. Since the right one is easily accessed, I use that one for storing the helmet/gloves when parked. The trunk usually carries my inspection tools, hat for helmet hair, and has room for storing the riding jacket. On long trips, the left one doesn't change much but the right one is used for shoes, belt, bag for toiletries and electronic storage (camera, phone charger, laptop cables, laptop mouse, etc.). Trunk is used for clothes where the laptop is sandwiched in the middle. That keeps from having to haul a laptop case.

Last edited by a moderator:
On one occasion, I did have about 30 cans of beer in each side bag. You have to take them out of the carton and lay them on their sides and you can stack them to the top. That's convenience! (Note: Bike has to be on main stand for loading or the left ones keep sliding out.)

:)

Don't use em unless traveling. Then full of clothes ect. We go to watch bike racing a lot and between the bags and to box we can stow the helmets and gear and swop for shorts and trainers (weather permiting). Brings to mind the time I saw 3 guys get out of a car in leathers to go and watch bike racing so that they would feel part of the crowd. We do the opposite, put the bike gear in the bags and dress in 'civies'.

Let's see,

Toolkit, (Real one, not the one under the seat, not that I NEED it, but I ride with some BMW riders once in a awhile...)

Stop and Go tire plug kit

Air compressor

Duct tape

Cargo net

Rock Straps

Hat

Extra Face shield

In the winter I carry the electic vest and gloves

Sometimes I have the jacket liner in there.

The last couple weeks in August you don't want to even think about what is in there!!!

On one occasion, I did have about 30 cans of beer in each side bag. You have to take them out of the carton and lay them on their sides and you can stack them to the top. That's convenience! (Note: Bike has to be on main stand for loading or the left ones keep sliding out.)
[SIZE=14pt]Now THIS kind of info is why I joined the forums![/SIZE] :drinks:

one gallon ziplock bag - air guage, $5, towels, bungey cords, metric hex key set, helmet bag, insurance card, hi-vis vest

Currently, little, aside from my U.S. export papers and rain suit.

I think I'll pack them with cash. Any idea how much I can fit in???

Hey, dude....were they the regular cans of beer or the skinny tall ones?

I like this threat, I was actually considering making a shopping list for 'must haves' and now I have some good suggestions.