what's the best tankbag?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a Tourmaster. Quality seems to be very good, but there is NO warranty. If you have a problem, tough shit. You can not contact them and they don't want to hear from you.

Ask me how I know that. <_<

I'm also running a TourMaster Cortech. I'm not sure if it's the "Mini". I'm very happy with it. Tons of pockets, map viewing slot, expansion slots for when you pick up too much stuff running errands.

+1 for the Bagster.

Tank Protector looks cool and is very versatile.

It allows the bag to flip up when you need to fuel.

Easy to get the bag on and off, yet still holds it secure.

Looks great and hasn't gotten in the way yet.

The system isn't cheep though, but worth every penny.

Mark

this is a Joe Rocket ,, it is a two piece bag (zips together) the top becomes a back pack, so you can take your stuff with you on stops, both top & bottom have map pockets, sometimes I will strap the top to the tail, comes with a bunch of straps and 3 rain covers to fit when you have them split or zipped together as you see it,, I have installed a powerlet hookup in the lower bag for using my XM and phone charger, CD, MP3 player works well for me!!!

it's very durable and I expect to use it for many many miles!!

cam1040.jpg

I you want one one the smaller side, or the low cost end of the spectrum.

Chase-Harper Compact 750 magnetic.

A perfect fit and extands to 4 liters (iirc).

It was under $75.

I use the Yamaha bag (from FJRgoodies) for long trips. Very large, expandable, waterproof, extremely well made. 3 years and not one problem--but it is large and may get in your way if you have a large gut. As mentioned previously, it does touch the controls slightly with risers. I get the occasional unwanted horn beep..but no biggie.

For short rides, I use nelson riggs. Also waterproof (I think!) and well made. Not as large, but I barely know it's there. Expandable by only a small amount (enough to cram a heated vest into a full bag, but that's about it).

Both are magnetic.

Yamaha was $150,nelson riggs was $50. Both serve the intended purpose very well. Also have a matching Nelson riggs tailbag I use for water and tools. This mounts on the rear seat. I use the bungie buddies to attach it.

Stay away from sliptreamer. They are thin and the threading does not hold up to use/abuse.

I'll put in another vote for the Yamaha tank bag. Mine has worked great for me. Goes everywhere the FJR goes as it is the only place to put "stuff"..... It is a bit big maybe for an everyday bag but I honestly never realize that it is there except when I have to put gas in...LOL

I little known option that I use is from T-Bags - Magnetic Tank Bag. It is small, with great magnets, and a soft rubberized bottom. As far as expandability goes, it only goes up an inch or so, and I've never used it.

I've had it for a year now and am very pleased. I got the silver color which compliments the bike well.

+1 to this ---> Tourmaster Cortech Mini Mag tank bag for me. Great quality, perfect size. I believe it was about $60.

I wanted a bag I could haul stuff like gloves, camera and binoculars - but not EVERYTHING I OWN. I like that it has a see-through map pocket on the top.

Perfect for me.