What's this hole for?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have flash to pass buttons on all bikes in Aust, never used it once as yet.

But the button does get used after a modification on some bikes like the R1.

The rear number plate is fitted to a hinged bracket.

A remote central locking solenoid from a car is fitted and wired into the button.

The solenoid then activates the hinged number plate bracket, it swings up under the bike and comes down again when the button is released.

Speed cameras just hate them.

We have flash to pass buttons on all bikes in Aust, never used it once as yet.
But the button does get used after a modification on some bikes like the R1.

The rear number plate is fitted to a hinged bracket.

A remote central locking solenoid from a car is fitted and wired into the button.

The solenoid then activates the hinged number plate bracket, it swings up under the bike and comes down again when the button is released.

Speed cameras just hate them.
So what kind of special door prize do you win if you get pulled over with one of those rigs...not to mention get caught in the act? I would think just throwing some mud on the rear fender would be a little easier to explain. I like the creativity though.

So what kind of special door prize do you win if you get pulled over with one of those rigs...not to mention get caught in the act? I would think just throwing some mud on the rear fender would be a little easier to explain. I like the creativity though.
Funnily enough if you have that much mud on your plate that it can't be read, you will get pulled over and get a fine.

Never known anyone to get caught as yet, if fitted correctly it is hard to pick, especially by any one who is not familiar with bikes.

Never saw that before. That's where I'm putting the "ARM" switch for my twin, aft-firing, internally bag mounted, oozie 9MMs. No more tail-gaters.