wheel balancers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRay

Reaction score
I just installed a set of Centramatic balancers on a customers Wing. They are a circular tube with weights in it attached to a thin stainless plate that mounts behind the rotors on the front and inside the wheel on the rear. I guess they are supposed to work like the dyna beads or other similar devices. I can remember in the sixtys working in tire shops people would buy something like this and it was held in place by the hub caps. I don't remember them working for shit but there are other parts of the sixtys I don't remember either :rolleyes:

This guys swears they are the best thing on the planet for balancing and I said if they were that good the builder would use them and charge more money for the bike.

Anybody here use these and care to offer opinions or sarcastic remarks.

Why is there such an aversion to the way that has worked for decades?

I saw lots of stick on lead weights as a tire Marshall at the super bike races, no mention of the magic beads.

Why is there such an aversion to the way that has worked for decades?I saw lots of stick on lead weights as a tire Marshall at the super bike races, no mention of the magic beads.

I agree. I have never seen a proper balance on anything without adding or removing weight but everybody wants to reinvent the wheel. I must add that the customer just left with the bike and he told me he paid 250.00 for these things. I still charged him the same price for mounting and balancing.

Everybody loves a gadget or snake oil....... been going on for decades. I love my stick-on weights, I know exactly what they're doing!!!!!!!!

Used to use something like that on my Monster Mudders on my jacked up Suburban-didn't work so great on that either..