wheel- tire balancer tool

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys,who has the set up for the front and rear wheel tire balancer kit/tool?how to make ?or who to buy from..I like to keep the business in the family ,thanks guys BTBG

I have been EXTREMELY happy with my Marc Parnes balancer. And he is also a fellow FJR owner.

MarcParnes.com

UNIV.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 !!

Buy a hat when you buy the balancer, too!

Damn good tool. Amazingly accurate. He also has a very good explanation on how to do. A bit pricey compared to the home made examples I've seen, but the quality is excellent. I do not regret the purchase.

Make sure that you get the long axle. I got the standard length rod and it is marginal as to length. Other than that, great tool.

A tip for using it that I got from Smitty141 is to stretch the balancing tool between two car jacks. I wasted almost an hour trying to make one out of 2x4's and when I was talking to Smitty, he said to use car jack stands. Doh! How simple and I was looking for a complicated soloution.

A tip for using it that I got from Smitty141 is to stretch the balancing tool between two car jacks. I wasted almost an hour trying to make one out of 2x4's and when I was talking to Smitty, he said to use car jack stands. Doh! How simple and I was looking for a complicated soloution.
Do you mean jack stands?

Do you mean jack stands?

Yes. I reread the post this morning and thought duh! Jackstands it is. Works really well.

I have a similiar tool. I use it between my folding saw horses purchased at Fleet Farm. 3ft off the ground so no clearance problems. The saw horses have a V-shaped groove in the top so I set them end to end. A couple of wood shims under the legs of the horses to level it and tire balancing is easy! Takes awhile, at least for me. Maybe 5-6 minutes a tire to get it balanced just right. The shop has the machine that takes about 20 seconds start to finish to balance it.

I have the Motion Pro 18" inch tire irons and a set of rim protectors. Haven't purchased a bead breaker yet. Have been getting by with the old C-clamp method. The FJR tires were a little more work than others I have changed as the rim doesn't have a very deep pocket in the middle to facilitate removal.

I get to do all the work myself. I can clean up places on the bike a shop would never do. I get to use a torque wrench to check all of the fastners when it goes back together. And I save $80. :D

I bought marc parnes balancer .... and then followed his link to the mojo bar and found out he has a complete stand with bead breaker.

fjr version of marc parnes balancer 115, 10 sets of weights 20 delivered

https://www.marcparnes.com/Yamaha_Motorcycl...el_Balancer.htm

mojo stand with mojo bar 180 delivered

https://mywebpages.comcast.net/prestondrake...nstructions.pdf

he doesn't have a page for it, but it is a cool product.

BTW... still looking for any info on a 2006 FJR rear wheel... bent mine on the way home from dealer yesterday.