Wheel Weight Double Stickey Tape

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anything loosen this stuff. My fingernails are wore out!Later, De :)
I've had success with GooGone and a plastic putty knife. Kerosene and the plastic putty knife works as well but the kerosene softens the plastic and the knife will have to be thrown away after a couple of uses.

Spray can of automotive Starting Fluid (ether). Leaves no residue so you can immediately stick a new weight down.

Very good stuff manufacture by Dustbane it is called Orang -A - Tang

Remove stickers, clean grease, etc...

Leave an orange smell :)

Very good stuff, we used it at work for industrial uses ( best product so far )

Very good stuff manufacture by Dustbane it is called Orang -A - TangVery good stuff, we used it at work for industrial uses ( best product so far )
Orange-A-Tang
* 1 oz Vodka

* 1 oz 151-proof Rum

* 1/2 oz Triple Sec

* 1 splash Grenadine

* 6 oz Orange Juice

* 1 splash Sour Mix

* Ice

Lightly blend all ingredients except rum. Strain into large snifter 1/2 filled with ice cubes. Float rum on top. Top with tropical fruits.

Not sure how it'll work on sticky residue, but I'd bet you won't give a shit after two or three of 'em.

Very good stuff manufacture by Dustbane it is called Orang -A - TangVery good stuff, we used it at work for industrial uses ( best product so far )
Orange-A-Tang
* 1 oz Vodka

* 1 oz 151-proof Rum

* 1/2 oz Triple Sec

* 1 splash Grenadine

* 6 oz Orange Juice

* 1 splash Sour Mix

* Ice

Lightly blend all ingredients except rum. Strain into large snifter 1/2 filled with ice cubes. Float rum on top. Top with tropical fruits.

Not sure how it'll work on sticky residue, but I'd bet you won't give a shit after two or three of 'em.
:D :D :D

Soak it with Brake Clean, rub with a paper towel after a couple minutes. Brought to you by BrakeClean, the all purpose liquid nirvana.

Better Living Through Chemistry®

Soak it with Brake Clean, rub with a paper towel after a couple minutes. Brought to you by BrakeClean, the all purpose liquid nirvana.
Better Living Through Chemistry®
Er, that method is great for removing the paint, too! Don't ask me why I know this... :glare:

Er, that method is great for removing the paint, too! Don't ask me why I know this... :glare:
Just used it to clean up my wheels for the same reason. Different brake cleaners use different chems. I suggest 3M 08880. Harmless to the wheel paint, in fact, it does a bang up job remove every last vestige of brake dust from the wheels, calipers etc.

Just used it to clean up my wheels for the same reason. Different brake cleaners use different chems. I suggest 3M 08880. Harmless to the wheel paint, in fact, it does a bang up job remove every last vestige of brake dust from the wheels, calipers etc.
Thanks, my current can of Brakleen is almost done. I'll pick some of that up. Gentle as Palmolive you say, eh Madge?

I just ran into the same issue last week.

What you need: 1) mineral spirits 2) cotton rag 3) a little elbow grease. The key is to continue to use a fresh part of the cotton rag or you will be putting on the old sticky goop instead of taking it off. approx. time of project, > 5minutes. Good luck.

Orange-A-Tang
* 1 oz Vodka

* 1 oz 151-proof Rum

* 1/2 oz Triple Sec

* 1 splash Grenadine

* 6 oz Orange Juice

* 1 splash Sour Mix

* Ice

Thanks Guys, especially to Toe for his inovative approach. Being the efficient (read lazy) guy that I am, I'm always for killing 2 birds w/one stone. Hmmm, wonder if U can substitute Diet Coce for the Vodka as I just turned 69 & am still too young for the hard stuff. Later,,, De :)

lmkw-elbowgrease2.jpg