Wheelies Banned by Law

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like doing wheelies, for me they are a risk worth taking once in a while...... My rule regarding recklessness, I try to put only myself at risk, always avoid public areas, stay clear of fellow riders,.... and have fun.
Laws like this are silly, they have enough now.

That would be fine. Around my house there are 3 kids who take great joy in doing wheelies and especially stoppies right next to people out for a walk, some with dogs and some with small kids. If noone was bothered because those doing it didn't act stupid there wouldnt' be an issue.

Also for the average non-rider they assume we are all thoughless idiots due to acts like this. Fight this law and they may well instead just try to outlaw bikes or restrict our riding rights.

Two incedents in our town in the last several months. One a 17 year old rider doing a full wheelie on a main through road in a conjested business area blew a stop light while doing so and was struck and killed instantly. Two, a member of the SBFreaks stunt group riding in a careless manner wrecked and killed his 19 year old female passenger who at the time the only protective gear she wore was helmet which didn't help her when she went full force head-on into a tree after being ejected from the bike. I know everyone has seen or heard of the wreckless riders in your area, but this type of behavior must be controlled and we are the one's that can set good examples for the public by the way we ride and by getting involved in our local government and organizations that help and support us. PM. <>< ;)

Don't know this to be a fact but hear that the ABS system will "turn you in" to your dealer if you're doing wheelies.The rear tire spinning at a different (faster) rate that the front tire triggers some code in the computer so when a bike comes in for warranty work, they pick the code up in their computer.

Again - don't know if this is fact or not.

I just think that doing wheelies on public roads gives us all a bad rep... It's irresponsible.

Leave the X-Game stuff to the guys on TV or do it off road. (MHO)

If that is true then I must be a legand at my Dealer for being able to wheelie the FJR and 100+mph...as I sometimes use the center stand to warm up the oil before an oil change.... lol

Don't know this to be a fact but hear that the ABS system will "turn you in" to your dealer if you're doing wheelies.The rear tire spinning at a different (faster) rate that the front tire triggers some code in the computer so when a bike comes in for warranty work, they pick the code up in their computer.

Again - don't know if this is fact or not.

I just think that doing wheelies on public roads gives us all a bad rep... It's irresponsible.

Leave the X-Game stuff to the guys on TV or do it off road. (MHO)

If that is true then I must be a legand at my Dealer for being able to wheelie the FJR and 100+mph...as I sometimes use the center stand to warm up the oil before an oil change.... lol
Nah the chip senses the sidestand is down and doesn't "phone home" lol