When did you get your 06?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What week did you get your 06?

• March 1-4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March 5-11

• March 12-18

• March 19-25

• March 26-31

• April 1-8

• April 9-15

• April 16-22

• April 23-30

• Total voters
My '06 FJR arrived at my dealer late today, out of the Yamaha wharehouse in the Chicago area. The boys at North End Cycle in Elkhart were nice enough to start assembling her for me so I could at least sit on her yet tonight. Actually they were going to get her finished and to me tonight but as it was after their 7pm closing I thanked them (a LOT) for their efforts to get the bike here in March (as we had agreed last Sept 28th...) and starting her assembly.

Naturally I am looking forward to riding her to see if my 6 month old hip will be "happy" enough to let me ride her as designed otherwise the big FJR isn't worth it to me. Of course I would NOT be happy at all if I couldn't take bike #77 home...for good! Also, her saddlebags were with the bike. DFO ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped by my dealer here in CT yesterday. It was mobbed with people picking up new bikes. He brought me to his computer and we went to the Yamaha dealers site. He has 8 FJR-A's coming in and it still has them all listed for delivery in April, however it did not say when in April.

Well, today is April so hopefully I will have her soon.

Sure was a nice suprise, thanx to my dealer, to actually get my bike Friday March 31!!! Saddlebags were with the bike as the avatar shows. Took her for a very enjoyable 82 mile "test" ride yesterday afternoon. Yup, IMhO, definately seems to be improved over the '03 FJR I had, of course whether or not dear ol Yamahaha really "cured" the heat problem can't be told when riding in 46F weather. However, with my Gerbing jacket liner and gloves plus chaps, Winter Tecknics jacket and riding boots I was comfy....rapidly comfy! DFO :D

In Hungary it takes two weeks to get a 2006 FJR But it is 30% more expensive than in the US.

(I think it is worth waiting:)

In one week I have reached this point:

Jim

BIG_0001409211.jpg

My dealer called & my bike is being put together now, picking it up tonight 4-03-06.

vin is 000295. :D

I hope your weather was ok to ride your shiny new FJR home last night! If so: FUNtastic bike isn't it??!

The weather here was cold, wet and windy all day....well until @ 6 last night as I proceeded back down into my office to work for a couple of more hours. Itzah plot! Hope you started having fun wuth the new FJR! Which tires did yours come with? Mine has the Metzlers; not sure if they "feel" as good as BS 020s which I am used to. Of course then there is my wife who just asked me what the "story" was on my saddlebags(i.e. when will they get here...)? Observant isn't she?! LOL! DFO :D

Welllll, you could always start a conversation about "her" saddlebags.....no, no, no, no, no...don't do that....I was just kidding....really. :D If you were to do that, I promise the weather around your castle would get very warm for an hour or so, followed by a month of icy cold. :eek:

(Bad, bad, madmike! Now go to your room and stay there...and no T.V.! )

Rode it home in light rain & 40 mph winds last night & couldn't let it sit at home today, so i rode to work 30 F (No Heat issues). Mine has the Metzlers also, they feel good so far but need more miles to evaluate. Installed my Sirius radio & Hoon mount, adjusted the seat to the high option, now i just need sunshine & time away from work. :D

https://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?...05.718312584305

Rode it home in light rain & 40 mph winds last night & couldn't let it sit at home today, so i rode to work 30 F (No Heat issues). Mine has the Metzlers also, they feel good so far but need more miles to evaluate. Installed my Sirius radio & Hoon mount, adjusted the seat to the high option, now i just need sunshine & time away from work. :D https://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?...05.718312584305
Congrats, Tstaff !!

Clicky no worky - I'd really like to see the piccis !

I stopped by my dealer here in CT yesterday. It was mobbed with people picking up new bikes. He brought me to his computer and we went to the Yamaha dealers site. He has 8 FJR-A's coming in and it still has them all listed for delivery in April, however it did not say when in April.Well, today is April so hopefully I will have her soon.
I just got off the phone with Yamaha. According to the "advisor" or wtf they call themselves, mine is scheduled for April and that's THAT! No way of telling. YDS only shows delivery dates once the bike has reached the dealer... WTF?!?!

Bikes are manufactured, shipped, and once they arrived they are issued to a distributor and they "go in hiding" until they show up at dealers AND YDS at the same time.

I got a feeleing this dude didn't know nuthin' but R6 & R1s.....

So basically wait.....

Rode it home in light rain & 40 mph winds last night & couldn't let it sit at home today, so i rode to work 30 F (No Heat issues). Mine has the Metzlers also, they feel good so far but need more miles to evaluate. Installed my Sirius radio & Hoon mount, adjusted the seat to the high option, now i just need sunshine & time away from work. :D https://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?...05.718312584305
Congrats tstaff!

Hey, pull up that seat for me and PLEASE tell me there is a full sized tool tray large enough to install the Audiovox CCS-100 servo!?!?!?!

Congrats tstaff!

Hey, pull up that seat for me and PLEASE tell me there is a full sized tool tray large enough to install the Audiovox CCS-100 servo!?!?!?!
Large tool tray under riders seat & rear seat take your pick, not sure of the size required for your Audiovox.

Congrats, Tstaff !!

Clicky no worky - I'd really like to see the piccis !
First time posting pic's.

338312584305_0_BG.jpg

158312584305_0_ALB.jpg

628312584305_0_BG.jpg

[SIZE=7pt]Edit by SkooterG: Use the "IMG" button when posting pics, not the "https://" button to get the photos to show up. Lookin good![/SIZE]

tstaff, she's a beauty eh? Makes the wait a little more tolerable knowing they are getting the bikes out. Congrats! PM. <>< :D

Hey Tstaff, she's a beauty !!! MUY PRETTIO !!! (I know - that's not really a word)

What did you name her?

:D NIIIIIIICCCCCE !!!! Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. How smooth is the shifting? How powerful? Does it get up to 60mph quickly enough for you? Are you planning any specific break-in regimen? Just wondering. Where did you connect the satellite radio? How did you power it? What type of connection did you need? Sorry for all the questions..........