When did you get your 06?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What week did you get your 06?

• March 1-4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March 5-11

• March 12-18

• March 19-25

• March 26-31

• April 1-8

• April 9-15

• April 16-22

• April 23-30

• Total voters
So, I was going over to local Yamaha shop today to try on a helmet I'm getting online and I almost crashed. As I drove around the back of the shop, they were unloading an '06 off a trailer. Of course I had to stop. I watched the service guys work with it so long I think they were about ready to call the cops. I had only seen the '06 indoors at the Seattle bike show last December. It looked good then, but it does not compare to how this bike looks in the sunlight. It is frikken gorgeous. I just hope whoever is getting this one doesn't mind all the drool I left on it :dribble:

I have seen the blue in sunlight, and it is very cool...

Well, off this morning to pick up my new FJR...

Was a bit like that Disney World comercial where the kid says.." I'm too excited to sleep.." Woke up early and couldn't stop thinking about the bike...

Photos and comments to follow....

Knifemaker

Picked up my '06 yesterday, first impression is very positive. Shifting into first gear...like butter, :eek: the rest pretty much the same as my '03. The seat is somewhat wider and makes it little bit harder to reach the ground (with my 29" inseem) than my custem "Rick Mayer" saddle. The taller gearing is noticeable, but ok. The gear indicator will make it easy to get used to this change. In fact I think (time will tell) that, third gear now is better for twisties, than third gear on the '03, which IMO was a little low and fourth gear a little high. I did not notice the intergrated breaks to be different than the good feel of the breaks before. So far I only rode her 75m.. from the dealer home in a cold rain.. but still had a big grin from ear to ear.

THE WAIT IS OVER. :clap:

Dealer just called, two are comeing in next week. I hope to be riding over the long Easter weekend.

Fred

near Logan, OH

That's correct, it is Yamaha's mounting Kit. Sidecases are blue as standard, but I ordered silver topcase, because I think it looks better that way (silver stripes heading up & back).
I'm curious how that'll look. Post a pic when you can...
Sorry about bad quality pictures (taken in garage), but I hope you'll get an idea... back rest still missing on top case...

*Pictures*

*picture direct*

Last edited by a moderator: