When leaving Dallas?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys and gals, its time to give me a head count for who is in on the Group Ride.

This thread hasn't had much activity, and with some of the PM's that I have received, I'm concerned that this group ride may fall apart.

Thanks and see you in ES.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys and gals, its time to give me a head count for who is in on the Group Ride.
This thread hasn't had much activity, and with some of the PM's that I have received, I'm concerned that this group ride may fall apart.

Mark
I still plan to make it, as long as the weather holds up. Its a good haul to make McKinney from NW Fort Worth. It is possible I would delay my departure until Friday but as of right now I plan to make it. Due to morning traffic I will most likely go to denton and then cut 380 over to McKinney. But is has been a long time since I was on that road. Is it going to be super slow? Last time I was on it it was more like a 2 lane highway.

Can you send me the mapquest route so I can load it up on the GPS?

:blink: As I live all the way near Decatur, TX I guess I'm going to lone ranger it up there and just meet everyone in E.S.

Ride safe everyone!

Scott

Mark
I still plan to make it, as long as the weather holds up. Its a good haul to make McKinney from NW Fort Worth. It is possible I would delay my departure until Friday but as of right now I plan to make it. Due to morning traffic I will most likely go to denton and then cut 380 over to McKinney. But is has been a long time since I was on that road. Is it going to be super slow? Last time I was on it it was more like a 2 lane highway.

Can you send me the mapquest route so I can load it up on the GPS?

As for 380 from Denton to McKinney, it is pretty nice now. I live in Denton and end up on that route once in a while. A large chunk of it is widened to anywhere from six lanes back down to two as you get closer to McKinney. I have never had it slow in recent years, so it should be good once you get out of Denton proper. Just watch out for the State boys, they like to give performance awards on 380.

Bryan

TUESDAY - Weather news gets a little better: Rain chances diminish in the afternoon for Thursday. Probability for Friday thunderstorms down to 40% now. But daily highs for Friday and Saturday are forecasted to be in the 60s, and nightly lows in the upper 40s. Bring warm clothing for rides! Phil

As for 380 from Denton to McKinney, it is pretty nice now. I live in Denton and end up on that route once in a while. A large chunk of it is widened to anywhere from six lanes back down to two as you get closer to McKinney. I have never had it slow in recent years, so it should be good once you get out of Denton proper. Just watch out for the State boys, they like to give performance awards on 380.
Bryan
I know 380 (University Street) through Denton is very slow with lots of lights. How about taking 35N to 288 loop on north side of town which will lead me to 380 on the west side. It that a good route? I know loop 288 from I35E going north to 380 is not good.

Thought you would know since you live there, even though you are already in ES enjoying the good roads.

Bryan
I know 380 (University Street) through Denton is very slow with lots of lights. How about taking 35N to 288 loop on north side of town which will lead me to 380 on the west side. It that a good route? I know loop 288 from I35E going north to 380 is not good.

Thought you would know since you live there, even though you are already in ES enjoying the good roads.
That would be a good plan to take the loop, north around town Brad.

Just make certain that the Alliance morning traffic doesn't hold you up coming north.

Just make certain that the Alliance morning traffic doesn't hold you up coming north.
Thanks Don,

The Alliance traffic did hold me up a few minutes last time I did this route, but only about 5 minutes. Beats going through DFW!

I hope you get your medical issues worked out soon

Thanks Don,The Alliance traffic did hold me up a few minutes last time I did this route, but only about 5 minutes. Beats going through DFW!

I hope you get your medical issues worked out soon
Some mornings the Alliance traffic is backed up from 170 all the way to the 287 split.

Friday I will know the results of the most recent test and I guess we'll press on from there with the treatment/cure. (I Hope)

Bryan

Yep, like Don said, if you can go around it on the North loop, you will have it made. There are a couple of lights, but it is a nice wide two lane both directions and usually moves along nicely. 380 in Denton itself, University, is a royal pain, but still the place is small and it won't take that long.

Bryan