Where are the fastest roads?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good post Brian ....

Yep, always something:

Here is another animal ..and this one on the Extra Terrestrial Hwy, west of Rachael.

~~ Important to note, this critter would cause major issues were you to tag him at night, easy to blend in in the black roads. You may not live through it. And, you can bet you won't be lucky enough to die quickly, ..and out here it'll be a long time before anyone finds your dead body ....aliens have no use for you when injured or dead.

PC250124cow1.JPG

PC250126cow2.JPG

...But this particular animal is not traditional road-kill. This cow was out grazing and then sucked up by a UFO -(flying saucer) (yes I saw it happen) and then after buzzing the horizon the UFO came back and attempted to drop this cow on me. It barely missed me, the impact killed the cow instantly, but the cow was not quiet as it fell. If you haven't heard a cow falling from a UFO before, it is something one never forgets.

Crazy shit happens in Nevada, be sure you're up for it, not everyone can run these roads, it takes a special kind of person.

[SIZE=8pt]above pics and more info from a whirlwind ride 3years ago (clicky)[/SIZE]

..renojohn

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy shit happens in Nevada, ... it takes a special kind of person.
That cow appears to have been molested.........................John.
well MIke, it does get very lonely on these roads. However I never take sloppy seconds so in this case, any molestation happened while the cow was up in the UFO ....so it was aliens who molested that cow, not me, not this time.
Also, I should add:

After you hit one of these animals, and kill yourself ---Your widow can expect to get a $bill for the Cow. Open range out here and that's how it works. You damage a cow, you buy it -even if the cow kills you in the process.

Also, I should add:After you hit one of these animals, and kill yourself ---Your widow can expect to get a $bill for the Cow. Open range out here and that's how it works. You damage a cow, you buy it -even if the cow kills you in the process.
This is why I recommend avoiding Ne-vaaaaahhh-Duh at all times. The "natives" have very unusual customs. Plus, nobody has yet brought up the mysterious Black Rock Desert, which will kill you in a silver miner's minute if you take your eyes off the road. Please be safe and stick to the United States Interstate Highway System in the bestest state of California (that's pronounced Kah-lee-fohn'-yah.) You will be fine. Ride only in daylight hours, and by all means do not ride 1000 miles in 24 hours. It is clearly unsafe.

Before NAFO last summer I spent several days in Utah. I came upon this on US95 running across the headwaters of Lake Powell.

p7201187mk8.jpg

It assumed this position after trying to take on this...

p7201185zz6.jpg

There was cow shit inside the back of the Chevy. It's ass apparently took out the passenger rear window and injected fecal matter into the interior in one motion.

PC250126cow2.JPG

..renojohn

Amazing pic, RJ. Hardly any damage on the bike at all. Anybody who calls that a "Wee Strom" should be forced to read your post. I'm damn impressed.

And I was damn impressed by the Nevada state cop who nailed me in the middle of one 'a them "miles of open territory" north of Las Vegas who suddenly showed up in my mirror. He must have been behind a damn yucca tree, cuz there was no place else for him to hide.

Just remember that a SS1K is only about 42 mph. Seeking to do it very very quickly for bragging rights ended up with one moto journalist having his cert revoked and his future entry into the IBA via a different ride potentially blocked forever.

From events since then it would appear that doing it very very quickly is okay as long as you don't brag about it, don't get any big attention for it, and don't kill a bus load of nuns while doing it.

What great information that is coming in (except for the brothels, not needed). Once again the collective wisdom is greater than any one individual. Thanks

anyone can do 1000 miles on the hwy,i do it all the time in my big rig,so you want to equill what a truck driver does on a daily basis?

to each thear own i guess,lol

anyone can do 1000 miles on the hwy,i do it all the time in my big rig,so you want to equill what a truck driver does on a daily basis?
check back with us when you've done one (documented as that takes extra effort and time) on your bike. let us know if there's a difference. but if this is the yellow gl1800 owner i think it is, then you've already done at least one and this is stinky bait.

It is beyond me how a simple question can turn in to 15 mins of fun reading. Only on this forum can that happen. Leaving YellowWolf and Warchild out of the mix (you all know why) plan a route and stick to it. Have an alternate plan just in case and have fun. On the east coast we have to consider the traffic on all 24 hr runs just to beat the rally clock. I-95 100 cars in 10 mins.

Hey, Yellow-Wolf, have you replaced your foot pegs yet or are they still about 1/3 their OEM length? I saw your first 1800 at shane's crawfish boil. you had those odd round portholes cut in your windshield at the time.

to each thear own i guess,lol
How many logbooks are you running? :innocent:

(Have you done a 1k Dragon day yet?) :whistle: :grin: