Where do I buy a high output stator?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dropinparts

Reaction score
I already have a radar detector and Garmin Zumo on my bike. I want to add Piaa lights and wire in a Powerlet outlet to run a heated jacket liner and heated gloves. I realize I need to upgrade the stator. Have any of you done this? How big of a job is it to replace? Where did you buy it? How much$ :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
You already have a high output stator in your Gen II FJR. The high output Electrosport stator is only for the Gen I's. I think you are SOOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no high output stator available for you 2006. Gen II bikes already benefit from an additional 100 watts over older Gen 1 bikes.

If you're concerned about the load you're putting on your alternator...install a Datel like described here or here.

Also, in addition to the fine info the folks above provided..........

More than likely with the equipment you describe, you have more than enough power to run all those items concurrently. But a voltmeter is definitely your friend here.

More than likely with the equipment you describe, you have more than enough power to run all those items concurrently. But a voltmeter is definitely your friend here.
Thanks to all of you.

Holy crap folks! This is it, the end of the world is coming!! Skooter actually gave advice and someone thanked him for it! Hold on to your knickers, who knows what'll be next!

Thanks to all of you.

Holy crap folks! This is it, the end of the world is coming!! Skooter actually gave advice and someone thanked him for it! Hold on to your knickers, who knows what'll be next!
He's feeling all proud of his-own-self after the clutch repair. Or maybe this is the New Kinder & Gentler SkooterG?!?! :rolleyes:

Latest posts