Where is the VIN? & Getting Texas inspection?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VIN is on the steering head, between the triple clamps, right side.
Engine number is on the rear of the engine in front of the swing arm. You can see it with a mirror from the right side of the bike.

Going slow (parking lot speed)??? Technique.
I found the VIN on a White sticker & VIN numbers Stamp on the metal steering Head.

They match my out of state Title. Yes FJR1300 purchase from out of state.

Since Im the only one in my City that has a Silver one. Hell might be the only FJR in the city?

My Yami-dealer told me he has never seen a silver one. And never seen very many Blue ones.

The number on Back of Engine is NOT even close to the same VIN number found on the frame or White sticker?

When a FJR is sold New do they have matching VIN on the Engine?

Or just Frame?

As to my fear? The Yami dealer has kids working for him and I see how they ride the show room bikes to move them out side and back inside at closing time. And the ass wipes at the oil change locations,well I don't trust them at all ridding the FJR1300. So I will call around and decide what to do for the year inspection.

Just had my inspection last month... came from out of state. Had it done at a station where the only thing they do is inspections. The inspector noted to me that he never has ridden a motorcycle for inspection when I asked. Phew.