where the hell is eureka montana?????

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrdego

Reaction score
I was driving in my hot rod pinto (its a 77), and i see sumthin i didnt expect, AN FJR sitting in front of jax restu. it was a black 08' and 2 older guys come walkin out of jax, full of breakfast and ready to roll. I look at the plate on the fjr and see that it is from ok. Im thinkin who the hell found eureka mt.???? It was petey. !!!! yea, he is on the forum.One heck of a nice guy. he was on his way to some rally, cant remember where he said he was goin, but i let him know that i was glad that someone else accually found eureka montana. I wished them well, and off they went!!! hope the trip was good and safe!!! rock on you two!!!! keep the rubber side down!!!! tony v(fjrdego) :clapping:

Eureka! Montana? Hmm, must be one of the

smaller Eureka!'s, 14 plus Eureka! Springs,

I have been in Eureka! Nevada, do not blink.

you'll miss the only thing for 200 miles,, so,

where the hell is Eureka! Montana? did get

drunk in Missoula in the '70's!!

FWFE

Eureka! Montana? Hmm, must be one of the smaller Eureka!'s, 14 plus Eureka! Springs, I have been in Eureka! Nevada, do not blink. you'll miss the only thing for 200 miles,, so, where the hell is Eureka! Montana? did get drunk in Missoula in the '70's!! FWFE
There are good micro-breweries in Missoula.... :)

Eureka is near the Canadian border north of Whitefish. It gets some motorcycle traffic due to the border crossing into/out-of BC and it's also along the Great Divide Ride dual-sport m/c route.

If you're into out-of-the-way exploring? -- make it out to Polebridge MT (kinda' frontier outpost with interesting store/bakery and lodging).

Last edited by a moderator:
Eureka, MT... everyone knows that just down the road for the Dirty Shame Tavern.

Petey is a good guy, just don't waste your time trying to keep up with him. That old boy from TX's that runs with him is no slouch either!

I came through Eureka in 1972 on my way from Radium Hot Springs to Yellowstone. I may have stopped somewhere in between, maybe Missoula...can't remember. I was on a Honda 500/4 and on a post Vietnam meandering ride across North America, totally unprepared, mostly unplanned but no worries. Seeing that word "Eureka" brought back some memories...thanks, bigjimbiker.

Kind of late to respond but just now saw this. It was Petey and myself who ran into Tony in Eureka. Petey on his FJR and me on my R1200 GSA. Had breakfast there on the way to Nakusp, BC and the CFR rally. Eureka is a cool little town and the restaurant was good. Hope to be through there again some day.

Chester