Where to buy a replacement battery?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't take all that long for the FJR's charging system to replenish the battery after a start. Assume the battery has to deliver 100 amps at start-up. My FJR typically starts in less than 3 seconds (actually 2 seconds or less). So 3 seconds X 100 amps equals 300 amp seconds. Assume the FJR sends 1.2 charging amps to the battery once you're underway. It would take 250 seconds (4.2 minutes) to recharge the battery back to its pre-start condition.

As long as you keep the battery close to being fully charged it should last a long time. Probably the worse thing you can do to shorten the battery's life is to empty it by leaving the key on and letting it discharge to a very low level.

A lot of chatter about who's battery is best. I have had various bikes; BMW's and now 07 FJR. The original batteries have lasted in excess of 4 years. In fact I have never replaced a battery in less than 4 years. I keep my bikes on a battery tender when not riding. Also I have my bikes in an insulated garage next to a refrigerator full of craft brewed beer! Less battery cost means more good beer.