Where to buy a YA707 Ohlins?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
Having trouble finding a YA707. Where have folks purchased and what did you pay? This is the shock with remote preload adjuster (S46HR1C1S).

Mucho gracias!

Scott.

Give www.propilotsuspension.com a shot. Talked to the owner a few weeks ago and he has very good pricing and free shipping.

Fastbikeindustries.com. David (owner) started out as an Ohlins suspension tech and has provided discounts for EOM participants on the FJR specific parts. Mention you heard about him via the FJR community from me and see what he can do price wise. He operates out of Hendersonville, near the Ohlins facility.

Try KyleUSA. At one point, they were the largest Ohlins vendor in the US. Their everyday price was pretty much everyone else's GB price.

I've done business with KFG/GP over the years and am very happy with their products/services. I have their 25mm cartridges in the '13.

But I bought my Ohlins from Rick/Joyce at Cogent Dynamics (www.motocd.com) last fall. I connected with a Rick a year or so

back as he makes a custom shock for the DR650. I believe that he's just down the road from Ohlins and offered me a great

price on the Ohlins for my FJR. While discussing the Ohlins I found out that he also offers a 25mm cartridge for the FJR

(apparently re-sold through Ohlins also).

I'm sure any of the above mentioned shops would provide good service and welcome your business.

Good luck,

Gary

Thanks for the tips. Let me give you the low down on what has taken place so far.

I was holding off buying them for a couple months. Always knew JC Motors had a good price. Finally, said - let's pull the trigger. Placed the order on line with JC Motors. Was stoked! A few hours later, I get an email from JC and the item is on b/o until mid July. Crud!
sadsmiley.gif
So, based on this, they will allow me to cancel the order or I can wait. I can't wait. So, I have called Propilot, Fastbike and Kyle and none of them have a YA707 in stock. They say the may have some in next week or perhaps sometime after that. Prices look comparable to JC as well. So, its just wait and see right now. I should know more next week.

BTW, Propilot and Fastbike were very helpful on the phone. I can see working with either one of these vendors no prb.

Also- I have called GP Suspension (just down south from me) and they will be doing my front forks. But, I did not yet specifically ask them to see if they have a YA707 yet. They may be a lead as well.

Again thanks for the info!

Scott

Thanks for the tips. Let me give you the low down on what has taken place so far.
I was holding off buying them for a couple months. Always knew JC Motors had a good price. Finally, said - let's pull the trigger. Placed the order on line with JC Motors. Was stoked! A few hours later, I get an email from JC and the item is on b/o until mid July. Crud!
sadsmiley.gif
So, based on this, they will allow me to cancel the order or I can wait. I can't wait. So, I have called Propilot, Fastbike and Kyle and none of them have a YA707 in stock. They say the may have some in next week or perhaps sometime after that. Prices look comparable to JC as well. So, its just wait and see right now. I should know more next week.

BTW, Propilot and Fastbike were very helpful on the phone. I can see working with either one of these vendors no prb.

Also- I have called GP Suspension (just down south from me) and they will be doing my front forks. But, I did not yet specifically ask them to see if they have a YA707 yet. They may be a lead as well.

Again thanks for the info!

Scott
Time it right and you can do a ride in and have them install and set up for you while you wait.

you coming to the tech meet tomorrow?

So apparently nobody has a YA707 right now. I have called JC Motors, www.propilotsuspension.com, Fastbikeindustries.com, Kyle USA and Cogent Dynamics. It looks it will be end of the month or early June.
sadsmiley.gif

But- the good news is I have dropped my bike off at GP Suspension to re-work the front fork. Yee haw!

So apparently nobody has a YA707 right now. I have called JC Motors, www.propilotsuspension.com, Fastbikeindustries.com, Kyle USA and Cogent Dynamics. It looks it will be end of the month or early June.
sadsmiley.gif

But- the good news is I have dropped my bike off at GP Suspension to re-work the front fork. Yee haw!
Awesome. I beleive the rear shocks are built when ordered to make sure the vavling and spring are set for you when it is built. 2 weeks is not that bad to order one. IIRC mine was about a month lead time.

Got mine and Love It ! 6/14/14 from www.ProPilotsuspension.com / Ohlinspro.com with correct Spring and Settings right out of the box FREE SHIPPING/ No TAx 978.50 (1290.00LIST)

I think they still have couple left by heard they go fast

Now i'll be getting ready to do forks!

YA707FJR_zps500fb9bb.jpg