where to install heated gear outlet.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrpro

Reaction score
I am now just starting my winter project to install a fuse block and other electric items on my 06 ABS. I plan on installing a permanent gerbrig outlet for my jacket. Its seems the best place would be down near my left knee between the tank and the frame. I have short legs and I would have no interference problems. I have seen others install up where heated grips would go but that would have my wires stretch and dangling 18 to 20 inches to my power cord in the jacket. If I use the left aft foot peg mount ,its very hard to plug in and see. Any advice. Thanks Fjrpro
PO-4.jpg
DSCF1365.jpg
33eug6x.jpg

Having bought various Powerlets from Sportbikeeffects, here's my setup ala Warchild.

I mounted two Powerlets in the fairing of my '05. I drilled it slightly biased towards the 90 degree pend of the ABS plastic and The lower is my Widder and variable output with a heat controller on the handlebars. Occasionally, I'll have to lift the cable outside my knee so it doesn't get between it and the tank.

The one not used is 12v with the ignition on and powers various farkles in my tank bank. (not installed on this picture)

MW232016b.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: