Where to put my Lid?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob

Reaction score
I have done a search on here and haven't found it so I will ask. I am sure someone will tell me where the link is. I just got my 07 and does it have a helmet hook?

My Full Face won't fit in one of the "bags" and I don't always have them on. So where should I put the lid?

Thanks,

Rum

My shoei full face fits in my sidebags...however it would be nice to put a helmet lock on sometime for stopping at a restaurant when I am packed up on a trip.

How big is your head? Have you tried sitting the helmet in different positions in the side bags? I wear a large and my Scorpion fits in the side bags with room to spare...

Richard

You should refrain from posting the same question in two forums.

I have an XL helmet and it fits sideways in both side cases. What kind of helmet do you have?

I just lock it to my luggage rack if the bags are full. Prolly wouldnt work on the stock rack though.

IMG_2369.JPG

I try real hard not to leave the helmet in sight, but when it's absolutely necessary...

Slip your seat off and look at the bottom left seam of the gas tank toward the rear. There's a tab sticking down that you can put the helmet D-rings on. Hold the helmet up slightly while sliding the seat back on.

There is a helmet bracket sold by TownsendsFJR that bolts onto the side of the bike. Let me see if I can find a link to his helmet goodies: check out this link

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a helmet bracket sold by TownsendsFJR that bolts onto the side of the bike. Let me see if I can find a link to his helmet goodies: check out this link

Thanks Heidi,

Brackets for all year models, both sides, are still available. For the generation II bikes, an optional tab for a BMW style electrical outlet is also now available. I do not sell the lock(s) or electrical socket. Please e-mail me direct at [email protected] for further info/pictures, etc. Please include the year bike as well as Gen I and Gen II are different style brackets. Thanks and safe riding. Scott

i've had several different brands of ff and flip-faced helmets. all are in the L to XL range (depending on mfgr) all fit in a side bag.

since i wear mine, it doesn't make a difference what i pack into a bag on the way back from day trips. on longer trips i simply haul the helmet with me when i go inside if there's no room for my jacket, overpants, gloves, and helmet when i get off the bike.

I carry a cheap retractable cable lock (Master Lock product no 4603). It lives in my jacket pocket. Works with helmets with or without D-rings (e.g. Schuberth).

tl

Latest posts