Where'd the WV Ramble go?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trunk monkey - according to yamaholic is one of those little wavy monkey/pets/dolls that CERTAIN Wingers like to put on the back of their bikes.

Used in a sentence..."Y'all are invited to the Ohio Ramble, but NO trunk monkeys are allowed!" :D

What Chris, don't tell me yer gettin' nervous now?! ;) :D
Oh that's ok, yes was a little nervous in case you pulled out your 'trunk monkey' . :D

Chris
NOPE, Trunk monkey stays in the "trunk" on mcy trips...wifey says so... :D

We're still talkin' 'bout trunk monkeys right? :eek:

I'M BAAAAACKKKK!! 640 slab miles today to get back to the missus and kids. 6am to 6pm

3350 MILES of great fun. Had a great time with Chris/BugR riding this past week. I'm sure Chris will put up a ride/trip report with all the photos AND the EXCELLENT video that YELLOW WOLF shot of Chris doin' the dragon.

If you look at the video closely, you'll see a trunk monkey on Chris' bike...j'k

I'M BAAAAACKKKK!! 640 slab miles today to get back to the missus and kids. 6am to 6pm
3350 MILES of great fun. Had a great time with Chris/BugR riding this past week. I'm sure Chris will put up a ride/trip report with all the photos AND the EXCELLENT video that YELLOW WOLF shot of Chris doin' the dragon.

If you look at the video closely, you'll see a trunk monkey on Chris' bike...j'k

I got back around 9:00 pm, Mark the DVD is not in my bags.

I put it in a baggy with three maps including my mad map. The baggy is MIA.

I checked the hotel but nothing was handed in from the room.

Any chance you picked it up?

Chris

Chris
Hate to say this Chris, but no I did not.

That is SO awful, it is beyond sucking :angry2:

Chris
Hate to say this Chris, but no I did not.

That is SO awful, it is beyond sucking :angry2:
I have a PM into Yellow Wolf to see if he still has it, I suspect though it's gone.

Well I guess I will have to go to EOM and swing by and tape BugR the Dragon II.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Hola guys... I'm home also! It was great riding with all of you & meeting everyone.

Chris, sorry to hear about your video. That sucks hard!

Will be posting some pics up after I download my camera... which won't be until tomorrow. No work today... this is my decompression day.

Peace guys, Heidi

I'm home and I dropped Marty off somewhere in the Penn State. 582 miles today in 14hours.

Two lane road plus three big down pours of rain. that is a difference from Friday of 505miles in 10 hours via the super slab.

I had a great time eh! Way! :fans:

Danielle and I got home yesterday around 6:30. Hit a little rain once we got to NY, but it was only enough to muddy up the bikes. The kid still had some rubber left on her tire when we pulled in the garage, but she definately would have needed to replace it before heading for home if she had ridden with us on Sunday.

I had a great time riding with everyone and I want to thank Yamaholic again for pulling this gathering together.

I learned a lot fom riding with you guys, some of which I will have to forget real quick now that I am riding in my home state where the LEOs are everywhere :D .

I wish I had asked more of you what your forum persona was so I could put some faces with your posts. See you all next time.

Arrived home at 3:15 monday afternoon . Had a great time now i know why they call it the MOUNTAIN state . I was planning on sitting down for dinner with the group on sunday but lost track of time and pulled into the days inn at 8:00PM . It was a pleasure metting everyone hope to see everyone again soon . And a big thanks to Mike for setting it up .

I would also like to extend my thanks to Mike for pulling this together. The riding was great & it was good to put faces w/ the screen names. To tell you the truth, I still don't know a few of the group, either.

Anyhow, it was good to ride with all of you.

Oh also, I'd like to extend my thanks to Marty for that "set your hair on fire" pace (for me, anyway) that ensued after he pulled up on Jeff's butt while we were on Rte 33.

I was amazed that I've finally gotten to where I can keep up with a set my hair on fire pace.

Heidi

PS... I've downloaded some pics & I'l be postig a few up soon.

Also, Mike... I saw you & Geezer on 250 going the other way. Julie told be that you were waving at her... so, thinking that you knew it was us, too.

Mike, thanks for all your effort I had another great ramble. It was good to meet everyone and share the ride I really enjoyed the time.

Heidi, Marty and I saw your bikes parked in Monterey on Sun but couldn't find you, hope Julie was feeling better for the ride home.

Left Mon morning on Route 20 N hoping to get in some more twisties, but ran into rain before leaving WV and slabed it home. I guess they all can't be good days.

Hope we can do it again sometime eh!

George

I'm back as well. 6 full days of riding--what a blast!

Glad everyone had a good time.

Was great meeting all the new faces and getting to know you all a little better.

Heidi, sorry I missed you and Julie Sunday morning! Yep, I saw you and Julie's VFR whizz by on RT 250..gave Julie a big wave. So have you put the fire out yet? You were moving along quite well.

So who is stepping up to the plate to organize the next ramble?

I'm thinkin' Steve gets the squid award for this trip for the laydown on Smoke Hole Rd, eh?

...I'm thinkin' Steve gets the squid award for this trip for the laydown on Smoke Hole Rd, eh?
I'm happy to pass that mantle to someone else. Sorry Steve, don't want to have to do this but.......

.....hold out your hand and accept your rightful award.

Actually, next time ride at a faster pace so that you can stay awake for the ENTIRE ride. No fair riding while napping...

And Tom, you hoser, did ya pick up any of da back bacon on yer way home eh?

Heidi, sorry I missed you and Julie Sunday morning! Yep, I saw you and Julie's VFR whizz by on RT 250..gave Julie a big wave. So have you put the fire out yet? You were moving along quite well.
So who is stepping up to the plate to organize the next ramble?

I'm thinkin' Steve gets the squid award for this trip for the laydown on Smoke Hole Rd, eh?

Fire? What fire? You mean the one from my Feej running on three bars most of the way home?

Ya' know, I usually don't ride when it's hot outside... now I know why. I'm more liable to ride in the winter as opposed to summer.

The fire!!!!... ohhhh... I'll bet you mean something about the fact that I was riding so far in front of Julie? She was laying back since she hadn't been feeling well. I was way in front of her all the way out of the mountains.

Heidi, Marty and I saw your bikes parked in Monterey on Sun but couldn't find you, hope Julie was feeling better for the ride home.

Hey George, we stopped for lunch in Monterey. We tried a place that a guy in WV recommended. I think it was called the "Stone Hearth". What we weren't thinking about is the fact that it was fathers day & the place had a brunch & everyone was fairly dressed up... then in come these two woman that looked like they'd been on the road a few days. Can you say "feeling conspicuous"? Food was awesome, though. I'd recommend it to others passing thru.

And yes... Julie felt much better for the ride home. I'll tell her that you were inquiring.

I'm hoping to meet everyone again next year. That was a BLAST! Now, THAT'S A VACATION!

I also feel it's a good idea for Steve to be getting the SQUID award. Smokehole was definitely not a place that you could take your eyes off the road. I'm just glad he's ok... bummer about the bike... but glad he's ok.

Heidi

Oh the video of my run down the Dragon turned up this morning,

I finally remembered 'The Safe Place' where I stashed it.

(15 hours of sleep also helped last night)

Any have a suggestion on a good site to host this?

Chris

Oh the video of my run down the Dragon turned up this morning, I finally remembered 'The Safe Place' where I stashed it.

(15 hours of sleep also helped last night)

Any have a suggestion on a good site to host this?

Chris

YEAH!!! (Finally looked in your "used" clothes bag eh? :dribble: :D )

Maybe talk to jdog or twn about the hosting...