Where's Kurtis Roberts these days?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busaroop

Reaction score
Havent heard much about kurtis Roberts in awhile. He racing this year? I just got finished watching "The Doc, The Tornado & the Kentuck Kid. Very nice. Make me want to go out and ride!

he did a few stints early this year on the M4/Emgo bikes while Barney was healing. Other than that, he's shown up in a few paddocks, but, haven't heard of him being on a bike.

I wonder whats up? He was not my favorite rider but he seemed to be in the mix alot in the AMA races. Could be fast when he put it together. Kinda reckless at times but interesting. Oh well, thanks

My thoughts are that his past antics with team owners/managers is biting him in the ass. Unless you are are true insider, we go off of what the media reports and they seemed to portray him as a pissy little bitch.

My speculation is that he will end up as a test rider for a factory team. The obvious guess would have him in the saddle as a test rider for the KR MotoGP team as they work to develop the 800cc machine.

Havent heard much about kurtis Roberts in awhile. He racing this year?
I recall reading that he is essentially taking a year off from racing.

Which seems odd; I would think a pro racer would want to race as much as possible while they're still young. Kurtis is only 28.

Last edited by a moderator:
He did a stint on someones World SuperBike machine a few weeks ago but I never heard the result.