Which color Goldwing?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which color?

• Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Titanium

• Metallic Red

• Total voters

daddysbike

Reaction score
I'm Planning to get my 3rd 1800 Goldwing (and keep it this time!)

I'm debating Black, Titanium or Metallic Red. I saw them at the dealer and the Titanium and Metallic Red look quite different than online. The Titanium is like a silver with brown/gold hue, the Metallic Red is a orange/red

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
My vote is "arrest me" red. A friend has a black one and it really shows the bug splatter! :rolleyes:

I'd pick black :assassin: ...I don't care for the titanium or red. But best color of all is the '07 blue:

wing.jpg

Black is a nice color when it's clean, which is for five minutes after you've washed it. Can I vote not black?

What? They don't offer "Blinding Obnoxious Banana Yellow" any more!?

Go with the Titanium!

Hey!! I liked BOBY!

Given the limited choices, I'd go silver. Black is for Hearses and Red is for fast, sporty bikes. :eek:

But I didn't vote and I'm holding out for BOBY...

I voted for silver but now, as a woman, I'd like to change my mind. Since its what we do best! LOL!

Now I would vote for red for you. Lookswise, I picked silver. I bet that looks rich on a wing. But it's a very bad color for visibility. So now I want red for you cause I want you to live a long time.

I voted for silver but now, as a woman, I'd like to change my mind. Since its what we do best! LOL!
Now I would vote for red for you. Lookswise, I picked silver. I bet that looks rich on a wing. But it's a very bad color for visibility. So now I want red for you cause I want you to live a long time.
Not to be a prick (even though I have been told that I am one) but red is a really bad visibility color. Low frequency wavelength, easy to miss... almost as bad as Black (no color). But Silver is actually pretty good. It's almost white (all colors) For instance, look at my avatar. what parts of my bike stand out?

But Yellow... yeah, that's the ticket!

Screw what all these old bastards think. Get the RED. Everything looks better RED!

Not to be a prick (even though I have been told that I am one) but red is a really bad visibility color. Low frequency wavelength, easy to miss... almost as bad as Black (no color). But Silver is actually pretty good. It's almost white (all colors) For instance, look at my avatar. what parts of my bike stand out?

My bad, I said silver. Yes the silver parts on your bike do stand out in your avatar. But he is talking about titanium, with brown tones in it. And its been my experience that that color is pretty hard to see against the cement roads and landscape. Tends to blend in.

I've never been to Georgia so I really don't know what it looks like there, but i would never own any vehicle that color anywhere from MN to TX. YMMV!

+1 on the yellow. I've got an 03 wing and it's yellow. Have not been run over on it yet, so it must be pretty easy to see. I'd go for the Red if you can not get yellow :yahoo:

+1 on the yellow. I've got an 03 wing and it's yellow. Have not been run over on it yet, so it must be pretty easy to see. I'd go for the Red if you can not get yellow :yahoo:
See that. 100% of the Yellow wang riders (on the FJR forum) have not been runned over. It's a statistical lock. You can't argue with science...

Whatever, pups....imagine neon pink. Do a comparison then.

And add pink tassles to the handlebars, too.

black - very hard to keep looking good

red - they call it "ticket me red" for a reason

titanium - not as fast or as easy to keep looking nice as a great 03 fjr, but then, it is a wing after all.