Which Helmet MFG for good venting and less buffeting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for all the good info. I did a lot, tried on many and decided on the Shoei Multitec-In black of coarse-with an extra smoked visor and visor protective bag.

Awesome helmet and the thing just works.
After you get more ride time in please let us know on ventilation. I am more interested in that than just about any other aspect of a flip up as they are vastly improved over the last 5 or six years.

My Nolan is almost due to be swapped for age only reasons I even forget what version it is but is running on it's 6th year. The Multitec is on my very short list of wants and I have tried a LG on and it fits great.

Again venting is my biggest concern of all, so I would appreciate your impressions after some time and in some heat.

I like my Shoei MultiTec but it is hot! I can't really tell a difference with the vents open. Don't get me wrong - I love the helmet - but after 2 trips with it now my head sweats like hell with it. It is matte black in color so that may be contributing to the problem.

I had a carbon hjc c12 and it was very light and some what quiet but venting sucks. I just bought an arai corsair and the venting

Is unreal. I had it properly fitted and I was wearing 2 sizes to big. I went from XL to a m. Is this helmet

Noisy compared to the hjc yes but it not like I went from a padded cell to standing behind a jet engine. On a scale of 1-10 if the

Hjc is an 8 the corsair is a 7. I wear ear plugs all the time so noise was not a big concern as to venting.

But like someone allready said everyone's opinion will be different. I'm completely satisfied with my purchase and would buy another one when the time comes.

I just bought the Schuberth C3 bluetooth combo on wednesday. My only complaint so far is the visor sometimes slams shut at highway speeds.

Very quiet lid.

Derek

After a ride today in 95 degrees I decided this venting vs. poor venting stuff is useless for me since I am sitting on a small sun on black asphalt. WOOOO hot ride today.

Well so far I've tried the Scorpion EXO-700, Shark RSR2, Schuberth S1, Shark Evoline2 and currently have the Arai RX-Q. Arai is the best venting, Schuberth is the quietest and hottest, Shark RSR2 had the best shield change mechanism. Evoline2 is just very handy being able to change from full to open helmet and drop down sunvisor, it's not very quiet though.

I think I'm keeping the Arai and Evoline2 (at least for now ;) )