Which Tank Bag Do You Use?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the replies. Could someone post a pic of their Cortec Super Mini Magnetic bag on their FJR? I am looking for a small everyday bag and this one looks like it may be it.

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks for all the replies. Could someone post a pic of their Cortec Super Mini Magnetic bag on their FJR? I am looking for a small everyday bag and this one looks like it may be it.Thanks,

Larry
Ahhhh.....young grasshopper. Look 5 posts above your own and the answers to the knowledge you seek shall be revealed.

This sight is costing me $$$$ everytime I look at it!! :eek: Now I've ordered the Cortec Super Mini Magnetic bag -- this, after the Super Brace, Wild Bill pegs, and the Radiatior guard last month. Does it ever end?????? :blink: Jay
Well, well, well.............apparently you have a, umm, uhhh, errrr.......small appendage. Think big man!

And don't tell me that you have forgotten to pay the 15% referral fee to FJRForum for all the above purchases. :unsure:

nitelife: check www.newenough.com go to "street hard parts", then "luggage", and then "cortech". that where i spotted it and ordered it, and they shipped it same day. these folks have been great to work with on many items in the past. cheers, jay

nitelife - here ya go, not great, kinda dark, messy garage, but a Cortech super-mini magnetic on an FJR!

tankbag1.jpg

tankbag_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the replies. Could someone post a pic of their Cortec Super Mini Magnetic bag on their FJR? I am looking for a small everyday bag and this one looks like it may be it.Thanks,

Larry
I ride with one (Cortech) on my FJR for long rides. Pictures are a little difficult on this site, but I have a picture of it mounted in my EASY TO USE photo gallery over at RSWarrior.com.....same handle, Centerline.

I use a Marsee (www.marseeproducts.com) 18 liter magnetic mount.  Marsee makes very high quality bags and gear.  Check out the etankbags.
I have a Marsee as well, but I have not used it since I got the FJR. The side bags bags hold enough for me unless I am going on a long trip. I have a Ventura setup for that. But as far as tank bags goes I would recommend the Marsee. The quality is great.

Speaking of tail bags, I just this afternoon ordered a Helen-2-Wheels bag that should be perfect in length to fit from the back edge of the front seat to the tip of the stock rack. It's the Medium sized Clothes Sack, which has the opening on top, kind of like a duffel bag.... waterproof, and easy to cinch down. Plus it won't stick out perpendicular to the line of the bike... I hate that.

Clothes Sack

I imagine I'll put this to good use on my ride to Arkansas in April, and Reno this summer.

What about this one? Is this not available in your market? It seems quite handy and small, no scratching magnet, because it uses tank ring quick lock system, and an extra benefit, there's also a pocket for your GPS.

*click*

Interesting tank bag Kaj. I have never seen it here in the states, so I don't think we have access to it. I see some nice features, but I have some concerns. One, I really like the GPS bag, but my Garmin 2730 is a touchscreen, so I wonder if the plastic over the screen would mess that up. And how does that GPS bag mount to the main bag securely? Two, when gassing up, where do you put the bag, especially with the GPS wires connected to it? I would have liked a little more detail on the website. I also saw one of their two-piece magnetic touring tank bags that was huge and looked pretty good also.

I have the big Yammie tank bag which I like, but I hate having to disconnect wires when fueling. And its only going to get worse when I add more stuff. For that reason, I am really looking hard at this tankbag:

bma2.jpg

Its the "Big Mak" airbag available here: Cyclegadgets.com

It also keeps the bag off the tank, but hinges for easy fueling. Lots of different sizes and accessories for the bag. There is just one critical stumbling block for me. It appears that where I plan to mount my GPS - on a Techmount Stemstand, would block the bag from hinging up, negating the main advantage of the bag. Bummer. :angry: Gonna have to look into this a bit more.

Anybody else around here familiar with this tankbag at all? Provide any input?