Which version of Hyperlites

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm looking to order the Hyperlites. Thanks btw for all the good background I've read on the forums.

My question that I haven't seen a clear answer on is which version do most people get? The standard seem to turn on and off the LEDs. The modulation seems to flicker the LEDs. And the California version seems to turn on and off the LEDs slowly.

Because I'm in California, must I only use the California verion? Are the others illegal?

Don't take this the wrong way, scub, but - why the hell do you care what most people get? I suggest you get which ever version appeals to you the most.

Found this quote from Motorcycle Lighting website:

"California Model Flashing Brake Lights. In their frantic need to be different than the rest of us poor slobs, the California legislature mandates that brake lights can only flash four times in four seconds, then go solid. These comply. Interestingly, we've found that most California traffic officers are unaware of the mid-eighties statute and those that are aware usually buy our flashing brake lights anyway."

Do what feels good.

Don't take this the wrong way, scub, but - why the hell do you care what most people get? I suggest you get which ever version appeals to you the most.
Found this quote from Motorcycle Lighting website:

"California Model Flashing Brake Lights. In their frantic need to be different than the rest of us poor slobs, the California legislature mandates that brake lights can only flash four times in four seconds, then go solid. These comply. Interestingly, we've found that most California traffic officers are unaware of the mid-eighties statute and those that are aware usually buy our flashing brake lights anyway."

Do what feels good.
That is outstanding!! Thanks!