White/Green Mountain ride 2009

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome news Harlan!

Yes, we will absolutely be hitting the 7 Barrel Brewery on Saturday night. I won't be wasting any time with the lighter stuff and plan on zeroing in on the IPA and Porter early on. :drinks: :yahoo:

OK gang the deal for the motel is done. We will be using A Fireside Inn & Suites in West Lebanon, NH (the same place we used last year). The price is the same as last year as well (<The group rate would be $99.95 plus tax. The rate is based on single/double occupancy and includes the full hot and cold breakfast buffet> snipped out of an e-mail from the Inn ). The cut off date to make your reservations will be July 14th!! Hope to see you there.

Fireside Inn contact info:

1-603-298-5900

Fireside Inn

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm In Again!Are we going to sample some more of those micro-brews Fred?

Looks like my tours are set for this year ;

Cats

I'm In Again!

Are we going to sample some more of those micro-brews Fred?

Cats & Daks in June

Vt & NH in August

Maine Veterans Cemetary in Augusta in October.

Now to find a sale on tires . . . .

I need to see my uncle who resides at MVC so let me know when you're in the area in October.

Thanks for doing the accommodations legwork, Tom.

Personally, I really like the Fireside Inn. I think it's worth a few more bucks than some Quality Inn or something.

And at $99, it's a decent price for this area (maybe not be as cheap as West Virginia, but we gots civilization heyah!) Considering the nice breakfast they put out, especially if you are 2-up or pair up with another single, it's downright cheap.

Personally, I really like the Fireside Inn. I think it's worth a few more bucks than some Quality Inn or something.And at $99, it's a decent price for this area (maybe not be as cheap as West Virginia, but we gots civilization heyah!) Considering the nice breakfast they put out, especially if you are 2-up or pair up with another single, it's downright cheap.
In doing the "leg work" for last years ride I found the Fireside to be the cheapest (of course I didn't check all the area motels, just the best). And when you call tell them you want the "White/Green Mountain Ride" rate.

As for the routes, Fred and I will be running the routes we'll be taking all of you on and then post when we are going. This should happen by the beginning of July if all goes well. Make your plans and reservations NOW.

Tom

I'm In Again!Are we going to sample some more of those micro-brews Fred?

Cats

I'm In Again!

Are we going to sample some more of those micro-brews Fred?

Cats & Daks in June

Vt & NH in August

Maine Veterans Cemetary in Augusta in October.

Now to find a sale on tires . . . .

I need to see my uncle who resides at MVC so let me know when you're in the area in October.
Will Do - I'll stay overin Berwick Me where my Dad was born then visit his site in MVC on October 20th then off to St Johnsbury VT

Thanks for doing the accommodations legwork, Tom.
Personally, I really like the Fireside Inn. I think it's worth a few more bucks than some Quality Inn or something.

And at $99, it's a decent price for this area (maybe not be as cheap as West Virginia, but we gots civilization heyah!) Considering the nice breakfast they put out, especially if you are 2-up or pair up with another single, it's downright cheap.

I agree - the Fireside was very comfy and breakfast was the best.

Wow, that means that everyone from last year's Green Mt ride is vowing to return!

That's awesome, and I guess it means that everyone must have had a good time last year!

Congrats to Ed and Tom, last year's route leaders.

Can't wait!

Wow, that means that everyone from last year's Green Mt ride is vowing to return!
That's awesome, and I guess it means that everyone must have had a good time last year!

Congrats to Ed and Tom, last year's route leaders.

Can't wait!
That's great! We had a great bunch last year and with better routes this year we'll have even MORE fun this year.

Tom

Saw this thread this morning and man does this look like a fun weekend. I've marked it on the calendar and when I get home from work I'll get our room reserved. Anyone riding up on Friday and staying over Sunday night?

I know there will be plenty of folks rolling in on Friday night. I might even do this even though it is only an hour and a half ride from here. Not sure if anyone will be staying thru Monday AM.

I'll probably ride down early Saturday morning, spend the night Saturday, and then ride home on Sunday evening. It's only a little over an hour from my house to the hotel.

It think it's great that the everyone from last year will be back again. Good people. Good time.

Ed.

I don't know about Fred W but my route is coming together nicely for the Sunday ride. After I run it and figure out where to stop and eat I'll post it. Plus this is a "shameless"bump. ^_^

Tom

I don't know about Fred W but my route is coming together nicely for the Sunday ride. After I run it and figure out where to stop and eat I'll post it. Plus this is a "shameless"bump. ^_^
Tom

Actually, Tom. The Saturday route through the Whites is shaping up nicely. I'm calling it "Three Loops thru the Whites"

Here's a rough look at what we'll do:

Three_Loops.jpg

Highglights will be an early morning ride up through Hanover and Dartmouth College. Across the western Mts and along the Baker River to Plymouth, then North along the Pemigewasset river on Rt 175 and 3 to Woodstock. East across the Kank, Up through Bear Notch and then through Carter notch and a lunch stop at Fabyans on the west side of Mt Washington. From there, it's down Rte 3 through Franconia Notch and stay on 3 all the way down to Woodstock where we will shoot west on the western end of the Kank and Rte 118. Then it's an easy cruise back to the Fireside on Rte 4 through Lebanon. Lots of rivers, mountain views, notches and roads that aren't flat or straight!!

I'll make gps files available after thorough route testing.

It looks good Fred. I've got to run mine before I have you post it up (HINT HINT I'm no good at that stuff). I've got a couple ways I'd like to go but have to run it first to work out time and where to eat.

Tom