White Hyperlites

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pale Rider 07

Reaction score
I noticed that Hyperlites sells a set of white LED running lights. Wondering if anyone has mounted a set of these up front, perhaps on your forks. I'm not looking to light up the road more, just something to catch the eyes of oncoming traffic. Curious if they would be bright enough in the daylight. They have a video online, but it looks like it was shot on an overcast day, without much sunlight.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great idea, especially for us watt challenged Gen I owners. I've been thinking of doing the same.

The $120 bucks seems a bit steep for a few banks of LED's, though...no?

...The $120 bucks seems a bit steep for a few banks of LED's, though...no?
Hyperlites link that works: LINK Ultra bright LEDs are expensive, white LEDs cost more than colored LEDs.

If the Hyperlites price seems steep, check out the Clearwater Lights: LINK The Clearwater Lights quality and function match the price.

...The $120 bucks seems a bit steep for a few banks of LED's, though...no?
Hyperlites link that works: LINK Ultra bright LEDs are expensive, white LEDs cost more than colored LEDs.

If the Hyperlites price seems steep, check out the Clearwater Lights: LINK The Clearwater Lights quality and function match the price.
Sorry about the link...should have tested it prior to post. I think the price is fair if they do the job. Have looked at the Clearwater options and like the product, but way out of my price range.

Amber is the way to go for this idea, will give better visibility IMHO. I have been running a set of MR11 halogen fog lights, small with amber lenses, 20Watts. However, I've been thinking of going with the amber Hyperlite LED's (under Running lights on their site, $63). The white set has a switch, etc. packaged in, but the amber doesn't. If you want them to modulate, use a PWM dimmer concept.

If you want to spend even more money, PhotoBlasters https://www.skenedesign.com/lights/PB_Features.shtml

I could see spending the money on the Clearwaters. For one, they're bitchen looking. Two, they actually do something very significant for forward vision rather than just conspicuity.

Anyone know the wattage draw for the Clearwater's. I couldn't find an obvious mention on the site.

Also, gotta love SacMike's video on their site. On just knew that was an FJR in the night time approach video. I could here it ticking! :p

I have Krista and Glenda Clearwaters AND hyperwhites front and rear.

Each set of Clearwaters are like 8 watts dimmed down and 20 watts at full blast.

My voltmeter goes down .1 volt to .2 volts from low to bright using the dimmer. Amazing.

Click on my FLICKR CLICKY in my sig and check out my pic set "FJR Lights"

Run the hyperlites in front solid 24/7 and flash front and back when I'm in a funeral procession as a Patriot Guard Ride Captain.

The local and statewide law enforcement frown upon running them flashing as flashing white lights are only for cop cars.

4597002453_32266c5984_z.jpg

I just ordered these in the flood version Clicky.

There is a long discussion in the ADV site Clicky2. ADV members get 10% off.

Have not received or installed yet. Providing info so that you may decide.