Who has painted their FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
European model in Sunset Silver
2009-FJR1300A-colour-silver_prv_tcm.jpg
Very reminicent of the old and much loved FJ 1200 (I had one).

I'd like one like this.

"European model in Sunset Silver"

I'm not all that into the stripes and all that, but this bike looks great.

They've got some great alternative colors. The gold one in particular is sharp, too.

Barry, here are some mockups using Photoshop in just a few minutes. Someone more talented can probably get yellow, but it was a bit more difficult.
Could go darker on this, but cool as hell nonetheless. Y'know, the whole "green" movement is very hip right now:

GreenFJR.jpg

This shade, my favorite, was popular with car makers a few years ago:

OrangeFJR.jpg

Barry
Great Photoshop work - Thanks for posting these images! The Green and Orange ROCK. :fans: This thread is making me nuts. I've already overspent on farkles during the holidays and now I'm wanting to paint my 07. What would new paint cost???

Last edited by a moderator:
The photo chop work looks very good. I wish I had the talent to do that

oh well some do some don't. I think they both look great and really like the copper color. I like to have something a little different than everyone else.

as to the question of cost. there are 3 of us with the C14 that did paint in the last month. don't quote me on the price cause I am getting old and tend to forget things.

mine= purple was 1700

a guy did his in yellow and I think it was 1500

another guy did his in red and it was 2000

so that gives you a ball park as to what it would cost. my gosh paint material is plum (get it) out of sight. this one has 3 coats of purple color, 6 coats of blue pearl over the color and 6 coats of clear over the top. Yellow does not cover well with out a base of white and we did not do that, just yellow over the plum and so there is 18 coats of yellow flame

purple3001.jpg

purple2001.jpg

I can't find the rest of my pictures, which is sad, cause this bike is no more..... Notice the saddle bags, I removed the rubber plug, add bondo, sand, paint. This pic isn't a real good one, there is a lot of flake, and color is called gunmetal.

hiway.jpg

I can't find the rest of my pictures, which is sad, cause this bike is no more..... Notice the saddle bags, I removed the rubber plug, add bondo, sand, paint. This pic isn't a real good one, there is a lot of flake, and color is called gunmetal.
hiway.jpg
Is that the bike you crashed with the highway pegs?

2088i02.jpg

Pretty close....

FJ.jpg

Fucking AWESOME!!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Now how 'bout the dk blue/gold (I believe) paint scheme?

Edit: Ahhh, here it is. But just wouldn't be as impressive on the FJR as the red/white.

ValEricsWedding006.jpg

RedFJR, I hope you won't mind if I took some liberties with your photograph and excellent looking red bike, and won't sue me for copyright violation, but here a couple of WWII tribute ideas. I dig old planes:

Someone had mentioned P40 teeth:

Tribute.jpg

Can you name the plane that inspired this?

Peashooter.jpg

This scheme might look better on a Triumph:

spitfire.jpg

I friggin' dig bomber nose art. Hooray for pin up girls.

That's it, guys. My creativity is exhausted. Hope you get a laugh.

Barry

Those two are good photoshops. You should use that image as your stock one. The graphics of course are weird but that's a nice idea about painting the front fender and bags a different color than the rest. The fuel tank might also be a good candidate for painting a second color in addition to those, I would think.

I have a couple of requests if you could be so kind: sand beige (mouse over the tan rectangle), which is approximately RGB(180,160,140) and shades thereof, and what Wikipedia calls forest green.

Here is that Hardly color, with California Phil when he was visiting the 'Beams last fall:

SideandPhilsm.jpg

And, here is Phil with my wife's sister enjoying [SIZE=18pt](NOT)[/SIZE] the top of Mt. Washington with Ionbeam

WendyPhilWashingtonsm-1.jpg

It was 34 degrees with a 60 mph wind this day. This was the best visibility that we had over the last couple of miles on the way up Mt. Washington. At the mountain base Phil asks if he should put on his coat -- LMAO. My wife advised them to put on every stitch of clothing they had with them.