Who owns a speed triple?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suicideman

Reaction score
I recently posted a topic regarding the Busa or the ZX14 . I'm ready to add another bike to the arsinal. A response came back that I should consider the Triumph Speed Triple. I was wondering how many of you on the forum own this bike and ,if so, what are the pros and cons of this machine. I went to our local triumph dealer and sat on the bike. I liked the feel. Thanks for any input. :clapping:

I recently posted a topic regarding the Busa or the ZX14 . I'm ready to add another bike to the arsinal. A response came back that I should consider the Triumph Speed Triple. I was wondering how many of you on the forum own this bike and ,if so, what are the pros and cons of this machine. I went to our local triumph dealer and sat on the bike. I liked the feel. Thanks for any input. :clapping:
I sat on one too, and liked the feel of it. Two people I know have them and both love them. Each rider has quoted smoothness as one of the best features.

Jill

The Triple is very near the top of my want list. I have pretty much eliminated the Ducati Hypermoto, too bad I really wanted to like that bike. I have ridden it, and for short twisty runs it would be great, but a small tank and hard seat limit the enjoyment. KTM Super Duke is also on my short list. For the price though, I think the Triple can't be beat.

Bill

The Speed3 is really nice. The triple is a great engine, it's easy to ride fast. I've spent time out with my friend, he switched off on my brutale. The brutale is definitely the looker of the two, but honestly the Speed3 was easier to ride.

If you get a good deal on one, I say go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Send a PM to TXCanine on this board... he's had a triple for a while now... and also just bought an FJR.

I have a 2007 1050 S3 and love it. Light, fast, smooth, good handling and comfortable. I'm seriously considering riding it instead of my FJR on my annual trip down the BRP to Deals Gap next Spring.

My next sport tourer is going to be the Sprint St...

A bit smaller than the FJR, felt good when I sat on one.

I have a 2 cyl Speedmaster now... but it's a cruiser, don't count...<BG>

Mary

A forum you might want to check out is over at www.triumphrat.net. There is a S3 area set under the sportbike heading.

Bill

I had the last generation Sprint for a couple of years and the bike itself was great. I absolutely love the triple engine in any of their models. The Trip and Tiger are incredibly good machines.

However, I can't bring myself to buying another Triumph with the totally inadequate dealer support near us and the few dealers in general. If our local dealer carried something called "parts" I probably would have bought another Triumph, but everything had to be ordered and shipped to the house. I did always worry about having something break on a trip, even though nothing ever did.

If you have one of the good Triumph dealers with you, don't hesitate about buying a Trumpet, they are well-designed and a great experience.

Bob

<snip>However, I can't bring myself to buying another Triumph with the totally inadequate dealer support near us and the few dealers in general. If our local dealer carried something called "parts" I probably would have bought another Triumph, but everything had to be ordered and shipped to the house.
That's a shame -- years ago, the Triumph Corporation (TriCor) was headquartered in Baltimore (Towson?)MD (probably not too far from Damascus?). In those simpler days dealers had parts -- of course they/we needed them, too.

I guess, in Triumph's defense, not alot of parts are stocked by anyone anymore -- what with overnite delivery, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: