Who's goin to SFO?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWILKIN650

Reaction score
I'm planning on leaving the 12th of May, take an easy and short ride to maybe Texarkana and then on to Eureka Springs to arrive the afternoon of the 13th. Any folks from the Greater Houston area going? I've missed a bunch of these great rides because of health reasons, but I'm back on track now!

We're probably doing something similar. It's what we did the last two times. Texarkana is a good halfway point from Houston. Keep an eye on this thread as we get closer.

I plan on going. My boss (wife) is not going with me but she is insisting I ride with others. If others from Houston want to ride up together then we should just pick a place to meet. I personally live in Katy and the best for me is to meet in Huntsville. I can go the back way thru Navasota and miss all the Houston traffic getting to the north side of town. Lets ee how many respond in the next few months. If anybody has a idea as to where we can meet please post it.

Thanks

RGH60

I'll be staying in Texarkana the night of the 12th, then heading up on the 13th, but I wont be going the short route. Up to Russelville then in a North Westerly direction!

Hmmm, still pondering....Huntsville sounds good.
As a group would we ride straight thru- or plan to do the Texarkana stoppie?
I know two of us who are planning to stop in Texarkana, but with enough SE Texas riders headed that way, I'm sure you could find company to ride straight through. I did the trip to Russellville a couple of times and I'd prefer to take it in two chunks and not feel hurried to get to Eureka Springs by dark 30. That's just me....

As we get closer, we'll get a feel for how many want to ride straight through, and how many want to stop. FJRMGM, any bike friendly motels in Texarkana that you've used before? Like we get to park in the covered area at the front door? :D

Was planning on going...but.. a TxDot truck with a trailer dropped his trailer jack on the highway and I hit it... damaged the frame on the Spyder so I am in limbo right now.....

I'm registered... need to figure out childcare for the Friday while I'm gone and all will be good. IF it all pans out well, I'll do a SS1K from DFW area to Eureka Springs on Thursday.

I'm registered... need to figure out childcare for the Friday while I'm gone and all will be good. IF it all pans out well, I'll do a SS1K from DFW area to Eureka Springs on Thursday.
A SS1K from DFW to Eureka? Talk about going out of the way. What route you gonna take to do that?

Option 1. Forget the SS1K and to the "AAD" on Saturday. I'll assure you it will be a whole lot more fun, and you'll get all the riding you want!

I am a newby and do not know what the SFO is except a ride and get together.Can someone enlighten me on this as I would also like to make the ride as a prelu :unsure: de to my Alaska trip in June. :unsure:

I am a newby and do not know what the SFO is except a ride and get together.Can someone enlighten me on this as I would also like to make the ride as a prelu :unsure: de to my Alaska trip in June. :unsure:
SFO registration site is here. Bunch of us get together in Arkansas every year. This year, Eureka Springs. Check it out:

https://sforally.com/

Well "retarded" how did you come up with that forum name? Thats just retarded! :lol:

It all started back in the fall of 06 when this chick from DFW deceided she wasnt gettin enough. So she decided she would round up as many dudes as she could and meet them all in North Central Arkansas for a free for all. It went well and she finally got all she wanted and thought that it was good so she's been doing this every year since. We have those that like to do it "All Day" there are some that will do it all day and in the rain. There are those that like to talk about doing it, and some that will do it if you hold there beer! So what ever you like just come on up and "Do it"