Who's running Blue Flames?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

150Fuelie

Reaction score
I was surprised to see how reasonably priced Blue flames are. I had a set of Carbon fiber's on my 06. Anyone running them now that can report on how well they like them? I'm actually looking at the polished stainless steel one's this time.

I was surprised to see how reasonably priced Blue flames are. I had a set of Carbon fiber's on my 06. Anyone running them now that can report on how well they like them? I'm actually looking at the polished stainless steel one's this time.
I've been running a set of the EVO 3 Oval Blue Flame cans for a combined (b/w the two bikes) 160k miles. They are great, and have been working flawlessly, with no repacking required or any other issues to report. I'd have no hesitation to buy them again. Mine are the regular SS and I'm running with one baffle (the insert pipe, not the block off of the top pipe) in for that just right sound and performance :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been running a set of the EVO 3 Oval Blue Flame cans for a combined (b/w the two bikes) 160k miles. They are great, and have been working flawlessly, with no repacking required or any other issues to report. I'd have no hesitation to buy them again. Mine are the regular SS and I'm running with one baffle (the insert pipe, not the block off of the top pipe) in for that just right sound and performance :rolleyes:
Which are they? The single outlet or the double?

Have you noticed any actual performance gain, such as claimed by Staintune?

Which are they? The single outlet or the double?

Have you noticed any actual performance gain, such as claimed by Staintune?
Mine are these SS EVO Oval w/twin outlet (hence two/double option for baffles)

evoststtwin_146.jpg

I have a bunch of other mods, including opened up airbox, PCIII, UNI air filter, and removed PAIR system crap. I think they make a difference like most slip on, but I would think less than a full system. These are considerably lighter than OEM, and sound and breath much better. I don't have any complaints about the power on this bike.