Wich Grip heater to use in this application?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric W

Reaction score
I will be installing a Madco Throttle lock system, B.M.W. Comfort grips, and the Suzuki handguard covers along with machined bar ends for those same covers, I would also like to install grip heaters for this setup, but I am totally lost as to which system will work (if any) with the B.M.W. Grips, any input would be greatly appreciated! Im not totally sold on the BMW grips either, I just heard they were an excellant grip for the long haul, your reccomendations please! I didn't have much luck with a forum search, Thanks in advance! Eric.

Eric,

I have the OEM grip heater on my AE. I use grip puppies over stock grip, and the OEM heater works fantastic thru all that and gloves. I typically can not go above 1/2 power on the heat dial.

I guess my point being... I am not familiar with the other heater options, but the OEM will produce heat thru the BMW grips just fine.

I will add, I had the VStrom handguards on my "VStrom". With heated grips, I do not feel the need to put the guards on the FJR while riding in the low 30's.