Wicked Stitches Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmoon00

Reaction score
Received my seat from Wicked Stitches. They're local to me here in Pittsburgh, so it was nice being able to ride by Paul Trapizona's shop and get fitted in person. It took about a month due to his workload, but I'm very pleased with the results. He does mail order too if anyone else is interested. Cost $425 out the door with tax and everything. His site is https://www.sweetwaterseats.com. Seat materials are: visco-polymer gel insert, mil spec. memory foam. Also topped with a Hi density HR foam. The reshaping foam was a 41155 foam, firm. All vinyl is marine grade and the top is called Simtex Zeus Black.
Night and day vs. stock.

Seat%202_zpsvhmxxu2k.jpg

Seat%201_zps3lpvwcjh.jpg

Seat%203_zpspmogew2g.jpg

Seat%204_zps5kxuypuv.jpg

Good looking seat.

It is always beneficial when you have the opportunity to do a ride in and get fitted on the spot.

Nice looking seat Matt. Add your thoughts once you get some miles on it.

It's nice to have another seat supplier out there.

--G

Yes, very nice and neat. Looks like it would ride well. So how about it....have you had a chance to put many miles on it?
I've put about 300 mi. on it since installation, and it's ridden great thus far. No hot spots or wriggling around like I needed to do on the stock seat. That was one of the main things I wanted to correct...it seemed I was focused more on getting comfortable than riding at times. Plus, with the OEM seat, I was on the balls of my feet when stopped. Now, my feet are flat on the ground.

Plus, with the OEM seat, I was on the balls of my feet when stopped. Now, my feet are flat on the ground.
Hey Matt did the adjustable "Hi/Low" positioner piece go or stay? How tall are you? Inseam?
Yup, kept the positioner as is (in the low position), so nothing below the seat was altered. I'm right at 5'10" with a 30" inseam.

Last edited by a moderator: