Widder Self Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would participate in a Widder Lectric self buy

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FJRocket

Doctor Throckenstein !!!
Reaction score
This is a preliminary test of the waters....

Anyone interested in purchasing Widder 'Lectric clothing on a self buy? I'm discussing that possibility with a vendor who might be able to get us 20% off (or better) of retail?

The cost would be better than any I have found online, but perhaps not by much. Depends on how many jump on board.

The Vendor is contacting Widder to see if he can get an even better price if we get a bulk deal.

If you want to see what Widder sells, go to the link below. It is NOT the vendor for the self buy, so please don't contact Widder and ask them about a group buy.

https://www.widder.com/

BTW, I don't get anything out of this, I just bought my set from these guys at their regular price and liked working with them. Oh, and this will probably happen AFTER Christmas. Also, these guys have done MC group buys with other cycle groups, so they know what they're doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd LOVE to participate, but I already have the System 2 vest, arm chaps, gloves, and leg chaps. Where were you guys when I needed ya? :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
Make it Gerbing and you've got a deal! Just for my info, do you feel Widder is a better product than Gerbing? If so, why? TIA.

Mike

Make it Gerbing and you've got a deal! Just for my info, do you feel Widder is a better product than Gerbing? If so, why? TIA.
Better in some ways, not better in others. Perhaps more efficient wattage wise, less money. But the Gerbing Jacket liner may be warmer and so might their gauntlets. I like what I have. About 4 bills in the whole shebang.

Do your own research, see what's right for you. If you want to check out Gerbing, go to a Harley shop. Harley just tags the Gerbings and marks them up a bunch. Nice to try them on, though. And on sale, they aren't a bad deal, especially if you REALLY need them!!!

I test rode with all my gear on yesterday. My arms and legs were hot, my chest was warm and my fingers were luke. Better than numb, though. And I only had the gear turned up half way. I was afraid to run the charging system down. I have a voltmeter coming to really keep an eye on the wattage. Once I determine the MAX with all my farkles powered up, I'll set a mark on the dial and not go beyond that level. If I need more heat someplace, I may need to get a second controller, or just disconnect my leg chaps. Long underwear goes a long way under leathers.

Hoping the rumor of more watts on the '06 is true. Then I can go full tilt on the wattage without worrying about discharge.

Oh Hell Yeah! I'm in one way or another. Has anyone contacted Widder directly to ask for a group buy through the home 20?

Oh Hell Yeah! I'm in one way or another. Has anyone contacted Widder directly to ask for a group buy through the home 20?
I don't think they would, but I haven't asked. Wouldn't they be likely to have agreements not to undercut their own retail vendors?

Mike
Widder is more efficient with the lighter load it places on your bike. Its designed with Thinsulate to help hold in the heat AND it's designed to layer over the top of so that heat is trapped close to the body. Jacket liners are designed in a way that places layers underneath them; putting the heat farther away from your body with each layer you add.

In case you missed it, there is a Widder self buy going on at this very moment. It's pinned at the top of this category.

Don't miss out. Sale ends 1/5/06