Wilbers Install Clinic/Help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice map! Extra points for using a sharp crayon
The pic I found of you also used Crayola's finest.....
1cuteness.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know crayons can do stuff like this too:

Edited on 5/1/06 to remove unintended pictures. Someone hacked the link to Little Mermaid drawings and replaced the drawings with pictures that Radman would have been proud to own <_<

It kinda makes me step back in awe of the kinds of things you come across, collect and keep links to :blink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya know crayons can do stuff like this too:
littlemer-10.jpg

It kinda makes me step back in awe of the kinds of things you come across, collect and keep links to :blink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You have no idea........ :lol:

T, I have no idea what you're talking about, try as I might. :)

Don't forget!!! Sunday 2am is DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME, SPRING AHEAD 1 HOUR!!!!

So, what I have to do is be a Rad's at 9;00 AM!!!! I'll be there. Is there anything else I need to bring, Double shot expresso latta's, etc????

I picked up 3 jugs of 7 1/2 weight fork oil at Motoprimo today, now I have to be sure the"Beast" starts up!, it should, I've have it on a part time trickle charger all winter long in my basement.

ZZZzz

Hey Rad---
You offering the sevice at Reno? ;) TDUB would be the first to arrive if true... :D
No, Reno will have all the pros, no room for the amatuers, plus I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it yet anyway. But if I do, it will be nice to see what I've been doing wrong all along. ;)

Hey Rad---
You offering the sevice at Reno? ;) TDUB would be the first to arrive if true... :D
Not. My new 'spenders have been in for a long time. Besides, no one does fork oil flushing better 'an Skooter! :D ;)

T, I have no idea what you're talking about, try as I might. :)
Oy, you're slipping, Pal... ;)

Como Street. Get it now?
Well Christ, there were only half a dozen posts stuck in there, how the hell was I suppose to know? I'm thinkin "Hrayola"? WTF is that? :lol:

I just hit the starter button after a 4 month sleep, Varooom!!!! It started right up!!!!

As if I had any worries..........

So.... Its Official, the Wilbers, SHOCK/ FORK SPRING Clinic is on!!! Sun or rain!!!!

Come one , come two ( no jokes) come all. All people are welcome to watch and learn.

ZZZzz :meeting:

I got to tell everyone, Radman has a Hell of a "service bay", the shop is HUGE, and as clean as a whisle. I think we could hold a WFO gathering there. I know it could house a 1,000 motorcycles!!!!

Rad, myself and two other FJR owners showed up at 10:00 am. We took the forks out, drained, cleaned, (made a coffee run), then poured in 7.5 fluid into the tubes, up to 100mm from the top. (My wilbers sheet didn't include how much air space, so I went by another guys Wilbers recomendeed worksheet). Everything went smooth, but it did take longer time than I was expecting, 4 hours......

It was raining and 42* so I didn't get much riding in the really get a feeling for the difference, but it does seem smoother.......

We'll- I'll get to the rear shock soon.....

ZZZzz

It is the last clinic I will be doing due to my inability to accomplish the work at a speed that is up to expectations.

I forgot, we had some White Castles, "Sliders". You know what that means.........

You got to remember, we're in Mn. and its raining outside and only 40* something, we weren't in no hurry............. (Rad, you did Great!!) We did a lot more talking than working, and we had the forks upside draining. :assasin:

ZZZzz

Today I went over to a buddys motorcycle shop https://www.fullpowercycle.com/

and we took out the stock rear shock, and got the Wilbers W/ remote preload installed. Boy, when it says its a bit tougher with ABS, they're not kidding. we unbolted the bracket that goes side to sidebelow the ABS and dropped it to get the remore clicker thru. then up and over a side screw to get the line aligned. You definitly need two sets of hands to install, so one can feed up the shock and line while the other person weaves the clicker. I should have had my camera with, another page with more pictures would help out the next guy installing greatly.

I also forgot, on the ride home, the bike floats over rough pavement like its not even there..........

ZZZzz