Wilburs Are Installed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddog

Reaction score
This weekend I installed the Wilbers 640 and new springs. I noticed the difference as soon as I rolled the bike off of the centerstand; no dive on the front wheel. On the brief test ride tonight the difference was fanastic. I can't believe the difference it made.

I should mention that I had 38,000 miles on the old shock and springs.

Thanks to Warchild for arrranging the group buy and everyone on the board for valuable tips and techniques for installing the Wilbers.

I installed my Wilbers last week and only had time for a short ride after the install. They were noticeably better. I went for a much longer ride today and all I can say is WOW!!! Great handling and they do a terrific job of absorbing the bumps that were rattling my spine with the stock shock.

Thanks to Warchild for arranging the group buy!!

I bought the front fork springs but will wait a while before installing them

Beemr :D

I installed my Wilbers last week and only had time for a short ride after the install. They were noticeably better. I went for a much longer ride today and all I can say is WOW!!! Great handling and they do a terrific job of absorbing the bumps that were rattling my spine with the stock shock.

Beemr :D
Don't wait! If you thought the shock made a difference, wait till you get the combo on!

I bought in on the group buy because my rear shock was starting to show signs of wear. I figured that since I as upgrading I'd put on the new fork springs as well. I've only put a few hundred miles on since I installed them, but the improvement to the front end is more than I expected. I used Silkolene PRO RSF 2.5W fork oil. I mention that because the fork oil you choose will make as much of a difference as the springs.

I installed my Wilbers last week and only had time for a short ride after the install.  They were noticeably better.  I went for a much longer ride today and all I can say is WOW!!!  Great handling and they do a terrific job of absorbing the bumps that were rattling my spine with the stock shock.

Beemr  :D
Don't wait! If you thought the shock made a difference, wait till you get the combo on!
+1