Wild Bill Highway Pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I tried to send an email 2 times to the above address and both times it failed to deliver. Does anyone have a good email address or another way to get a set of these???

Thanks...

She (Teri) posted this in March. Note the new email in her post. Still going.

FWIW, I added another brand (Kuryakin) offset peg extenders to the WB mounting plates to get my legs out a bit and not rub against the edge of the fairing. And you will have to remove the left mounting plate to change your oil filter. Still like having the highway peg option, though.

(Scooter posted while I was dithering. I don't know which one is current, but I'll bet if you sent one to each. . . )

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd. Thought it might be a Gen I vs. II issue, but there's one of each of you saying it. Well, the left plate is right in front of the oil filter on mine. Maybe I'll take a pic and post it one 'a these days. It's not a very big deal, but I don't see how you could avoid removing it. Great. Now I'll be awake worrying all night . . .

there's plenty of space between the end of the filter and the plates to unscrew off and drop down and away

that's a Yammy filter, and I now use a Purolator Pure One and both work fine

3135970153_a335fc85c2_z.jpg

there's plenty of space between the end of the filter and the plates to unscrew off and drop down and away

that's a Yammy filter, and I now use a Purolator Pure One and both work fine

3135970153_a335fc85c2_z.jpg
+1

No issues on my Gen II. Of course the shop was ready to pull it off at the first service, I showed them no need and not any issues since.

Love this forum. I have been taking the plate off all the time also. What does the tool you use look like? Any brand name?

Thanks, Jack