Will I have enough juice?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Page 3-27 of Owner's Manual:======================================================================================

The accessory connected to the auxiliary DC jack should not be used with the engine turned off, and the load must never

exceed 30 W (2.5 A), otherwise the battery may discharge.

======================================================================================

Go figure! I read it as the spare capacity that Yamaha is willing to stand behind is 30W before the battery starts discharging.
The DC jack is fused at 3 amps, if you try to get more than 30 watts out of it, the fuse will open. Not sure why they stated the Battery may discharge. I like the word may in that sentence, nothing like them being definitive. (It may discharge or it may not.)

Ummm, less than the max? :dribble:
No shit Shorlac-post #5 omits the draw for the injectors and ECM-neither can I find the numbers anywhere on this forum- If you can show me them I will send you a case of used Utica Club. And by the way- what happened to the steady stream of woodpecker jokes-I had most of my ass laughed off but now it.s growing back..

Injectors would be effectively be an AC current commensurate with the RPM's and the ECU current could be measured by inserting an ammeter in series with it's power lead, but I wouldn't try it. :glare:

Thinking of going back to carbs to dispense with the added load? :blink:

BTW,there was a new joke for Tax day.

Not really worried about the load..some "experts" deduct what seems to me to be an excessive amount of watts [150 or thereabouts] for the ECM ?? Maybe. Not inclined to try to measure tho, that's why I asked. I didn't realize that the injectors were AC either. And for my money, carbs suck[no pun]-never had a bike that didn't have leaky float valves sooner or later. Just retired an old Chevy truck with over 350K and never touched the injectors..

Why would you even worrie about the fan draw if its cold enough to need heat :blink: