Will My Tires Make It To NAFO & Beyond....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bungie, I really just can't understand this, you and I both weigh the same and my PR2 tires only lasted 10K miles. I mean, you do weigh 265 pounds don't you? That's 120.5 Kgs in Canuckian Speak!
Well, the difference is, he is not a dolt of a DORK who wets his Depends every time his tires are worn only HALFWAY to the wear bars.

:****:

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, you do weigh 265 pounds don't you? That's 120.5 Kgs in Canuckian Speak!
BAHAHAHA, you really knew what you were talking about when you were talking about senility didn't you! Lets see.. if you think I weigh 265 when in actual fact I'm closer to 165.. that would make your Irish Shilayliegh about .. carry the 4... about 1.26" long.

You. Beast!

I can't explain the mileage I get out of PR2's. My last set did about the same. Chalk it up to temperature, crappy roads, riding style, load.. alignment of the planets and whether or not your wearing a towel.

Bungie, I really just can't understand this, you and I both weigh the same and my PR2 tires only lasted 10K miles. I mean, you do weigh 265 pounds don't you? That's 120.5 Kgs in Canuckian Speak!
Well, the difference is, he is not a dolt of a DORK who wets his Depends every time his tires are worn only HALFWAY to the wear bars.

:****:
Point well taken! Depends are costly, but crashing your FJR on worn tires is even more expensive!

Dude! Don't be a pansy!
You could go to NAFO and back 3 times with those tires!

Bunch of old women in this thread. Cripes, you better get a brand new FJR for the trip. Just in case!
Cool. This is good advice, I think. Thanks Skooter!

IMG_0091.jpg

:yahoo:

[SIZE=12pt]You know it rains sometimes in that part of the country where NAFO is this year?[/SIZE]

Front tire is the one that pushes the water out of the way for the rear tire?

Hydroplaning on an FJR is no fun, on a dark highway in front of a few semi trailers that you just passed doing 80. Ask me how I know all this? Going to EOM in 2003 during a hurricane!

Especially check the wear off to the side a little on the front. That's where mine go first.

I usually use 9K as my limit I am willing to put on a tire. If I am going to take a trip and I am going to exceed 9K , I will change to new rubber before I leave. If I can get home under 9K I go for it.

Made it home everytime so far. But keep in mind if you are in heavy rain, slow down when you get low on tread and no dragging of the foot pegs.

Just my .02

Mac

Hey Fred,

What in the heck are you thinking? You know I am going to be there, thus, you know it's going to rain for four days

straight. Change those tires, paticularly the rear. Slipping and sliding on wet pavement is no fun. Plus, a mature man

with considerable riding skills like yourself needs great tires to show off all that talent. :rolleyes:

Gay Green

Hey Fred,
What in the heck are you thinking? You know I am going to be there, thus, you know it's going to rain for four days

straight. Change those tires, paticularly the rear. Slipping and sliding on wet pavement is no fun. Plus, a mature man

with considerable riding skills like yourself needs great tires to show off all that talent. :rolleyes:

Gay Green
Mature?? Riding skills?? Gary, you've been drinking the inventory again :lol2:

Of course, since your shiny bike will be there it is certainly destined to rain for sure.

See ya there

Hey Fred,

Gay Green
Mature?? Riding skills?? Gary, you've been drinking the inventory again :lol2:

Of course, since your shiny bike will be there it is certainly destined to rain for sure.

See ya there
Gary, Wine: I'll be along as well... the prognosis can't be good :)

--hellcreep