Wind screen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

Reaction score
G'Day Guys

I have been doing a bit of research on a larger screen for my 06 FJR

CeeBaileys asked me my hight and inseam measurement and then recomended

a +6H +6W std conture screen

By the time I get it sent out to Australia it aint gunna be cheap

What do any of you guys reckon, any opinions welcomed

Thanks Regards Jacko

Last edited by a moderator:
how tall are you? I've never seen anything larger than a +4 and it is a barn door. I'm 6'2 and run the stock 06 screen. I think a + 2 or 3 would be all I need for a complete bubble o silence.

I'm 6'2" and have a CB +4+3 as a winter shield. It is a "barn door" but keeps most of the cold air off me. At full up, the wind hits me in the forehead but I can see over the top of the shield at the same time. It does not provide a "cone of silence" unless I "duck down" a bit...which gets to be uncomfortable after a time on long rides.

Personally, I don't think I would like a larger windshield on my FJR.

FWIW, I'm 6'5", with only a 34" inseam, so I have a very long torso. On my 03, I had a Rifle +5H, +4W, and it was almost silent full up. I have a custom +6H, +4W on order from Rifle, which I think will be perfect for my oddball dimensions....I'll post as soon as I get it on, and try it out.

Just a thought.

Would anyone have reservations about a +6 +6 or Gregs +6 +4 comming off at speed? Those nylon screws are designed to break off.

Just a thought.
Would anyone have reservations about a +6 +6 or Gregs +6 +4 comming off at speed? Those nylon screws are designed to break off.
I dunno, but I'm gonna switch back to my CB +4+1 because the Vstream cateches too much wind for my tastes. A +6+6 sounds not only ridiculous, but like it would hit the mirrors too??

I would say whoever recommended the +6+6 must have got something wrong.

I agree, a +6+6 would hit the mirrors. And yes, my +6+4 will look like a barn door, but it's what I need.

My old +5+4 handled high speed no problem (On a closed private road!), so I'm not too concerned about another inch of height. :D

Just a thought.

I dunno, but I'm gonna switch back to my CB +4+1 because the Vstream cateches too much wind for my tastes. A +6+6 sounds not only ridiculous, but like it would hit the mirrors too??

I would say whoever recommended the +6+6 must have got something wrong.